Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IronsGateBrewery said:
posted a pic earlier but now its just about done! just have to wire temperature probes, heating element power, and get a new false bottom and the eHERMS will be complete
what's the vent hood made from?

Here is mine ...

DSCN4782_.jpg

Here is what we've built. It's evolved into three movable shelves that hold the blichmann burners. Eventually we'll add another burner on the middle shelf. Currently we use the bottom burner when we mash in, then lift up the mash tun to middle shelf. Hopefully Santa brings us another burner to save the back!

image-4211621676.jpg

image-4041883413.jpg

instinct2 said:
Here is what we've built. It's evolved into three movable shelves that hold the blichmann burners. Eventually we'll add another burner on the middle shelf. Currently we use the bottom burner when we mash in, then lift up the mash tun to middle shelf. Hopefully Santa brings us another burner to save the back!

Nice Felt! I've got 2 Felt track bikes. Love em. Dig your set up as well.

Sorry, but you have entirely too clean of a garage... you need MORE CLUTTER!!!

Here is my new 2 tier brew stand just got all the parts and going to give it a try next weekend

image-2896080028.jpg

galttfwo said:
My club's set up for our recent group brew/teach a friend to Homebrew day.

That's a sweet club setup! Double dual counter flow chillers, Blichmann pots & burners. Excellent! We're you brewing lagers? Is that the reason for two counter flow chillers in parallel? Or is there another reason?

My club's set up for our recent group brew/teach a friend to Homebrew day.

Sounds like a good time (pinky's raised or not :D), it would be nice to see more of that!

Do you have any up close pictures of the stacked coils (I'm assuming counter flow chillers)? Looks like an interesting approach.

Sounds like a good time (pinky's raised or not :D), it would be nice to see more of that!

Do you have any up close pictures of the stacked coils (I'm assuming counter flow chillers)? Looks like an interesting approach.

Very not upscale, we are very much a group of degenerates (anyone who saw us at NHC would agree). We got all our best gear together to do 35 gallons of a Double Sunshine clone.

The stacked coils are doubled up Chillzillas. Me and another guy in the club have it set up like that (mine is the one in the picture below). He has 2 and the bottom one is using ice water recirculating and the top is hose water. He brews a lot of lagers and can get to 50 very fast that way.
Mine is set up in series with tap water. I can get to 65 from a boil with the pump on full blast. Easy to chill 15 gallons down in 5 minutes.

mine has an inline stone for O2 also.

IMG_1198.jpg

club.jpg

That's a sweet club setup! Double dual counter flow chillers, Blichmann pots & burners. Excellent! We're you brewing lagers? Is that the reason for two counter flow chillers in parallel? Or is there another reason?

The 5 kettles are two 20 gallon Boil Kettles, two 20 gallon Mash tuns, and one 30 gallon HLT. The dual chillers were to chill both boil kettles at the same time. We were fighting a little daylight, brew in the northeast in November, outside.

Very not upscale, we are very much a group of degenerates (anyone who saw us at NHC would agree). We got all our best gear together to do 35 gallons of a Double Sunshine clone.

The stacked coils are doubled up Chillzillas. Me and another guy in the club have it set up like that (mine is the one in the picture below). He has 2 and the bottom one is using ice water recirculating and the top is hose water. He brews a lot of lagers and can get to 50 very fast that way.
Mine is set up in series with tap water. I can get to 65 from a boil with the pump on full blast. Easy to chill 15 gallons down in 5 minutes.

mine has an inline stone for O2 also.

Sounds good other than I would have to have a map and color codes to hook that puppy up each time! :mug:

Every brewery needs a sign right? Printed the letters one to a sheet and then traced with a wood engraver and used a woodburner to color them in. Finished off with a bunch of poly coats to mitigate sun bleaching. The secret to the propane system is the nice above ground tank you sort of see in the reflection - a truck comes and fills up on a regular schedule - plumbed into the shop wall with high pressure Very nice.

photo 1.jpg

Morebeer 1550-esque design with a single March pump, copper HERMS coil, and tri-clovers all around. BK is 21 gallons. Have it in the shop and working on a panel with RTD probes. Also working on improving the floor and putting in a drain and gutter system.

photo 3.jpg

After nearly 15 years in Marketing and Market Research... You just can't fight it... Sex Sells.

photo 2.JPG

New rig I built with schedule 10 SS 18" and 22" pipe stubs. I have piped it for continuous RIMS system. Working now on a PID temperature control system that is pilotless.

image-954184835.jpg

He's my 30 amp 10 gallon batch electric HERMS system. I went around and around in DIY forum, this thread in particular trying to decide what to put it on. And then I saw a cart like this at work and found one at theshelvingstore.com that fit my need for $120 delivered and got a 20% off coupon...
The system is 100% DIY, the stand is 100% of the shelf!

ForumRunner_20131109_203704.jpg

sloanfamilydsm said:
Two Grasshopper ROPS repurposed. A work in progress.

I should follow your lead but leave the grasshopper intact. It would be easier to get the SWMBO to buy into my brewing if I could mow the lawn at the same time!

Well mine is still a work in progress but the first picture are the kettles and the second picture is where the stand is at right now. Will finish the welding this week and then assembly of this beast.

ForumRunner_20131116_175929.png

ForumRunner_20131116_175957.jpg

Back