First crack at beer labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshJoshua

Reaction score
Label-2-01.png

This label was rushed into use since I wanted to share my first born with some of my instructors at school before graduation. I got a great response from my instructors which wasnt expected since they are all graphic designers that work in the field. Also a great response as to how delicious the beer was.

Personally Im not happy with the color treatment of the type, but when you rush you make mistakes. Still need to make a actual logo for the brewery, but I think the overall design and treatment of colors is identity enough for Happy Cactus.

Should have another label up in a couple of weeks. Waiting on the current batch to condition a bit more before I can identify what makes it unique.

Feedback is always appreciated.

I think it would look great on a dark bottle

Yup, it does.
IMG_8725.jpg

This was shoot with a Canon 500D(T1i) using my Fantastic Plastic(50mm f/1.8) and bounce flash.

As for labels, I printed them at work on a Xerox XC-550 using Glossy Xerox Full Sheet 8x10 Labels. I havent tested durability, but they do bubble a bit after 30mins of application. Going to play around with different labels on the next batch.

Back