my first taste of my bottled beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek81

Reaction score
I'd like to thank many of you. I bottled last week i was worried all week that the bottles wouldnt Carb up. Man did it taste great also. I followed REVVY's link on bottling and it was a success. Now to let the bottles sit a few more weeks.
Feeling pretty proud right now.

ForumRunner_20120302_204614.jpg

Wow that looks really good. I made an irish stout for my first recipe and didn't get nearly the head that you did. Congrats. Was this an all-grain or extract recipe?

Extract. Taking baby steps, want to do this right. Im trying partial mash in the next week or so..

Nice looking head for only a week in the bottle. I've never opened a bottle after that short of time for fear that it wouldn't have carbed enough and I would end up wasting a bottle.

My wife supports my new hobby lol. She just asked me how much $$ i plan on spending told her it will all pay off when im drunk off my own home brew.

cowgo said:
Nice looking head for only a week in the bottle. I've never opened a bottle after that short of time for fear that it wouldn't have carbed enough and I would end up wasting a bottle.

Yeah i wasn't going to but i have a old friend coming to town today. I want to get his opinion. So needless to say i will open one more for him and the other 48 will be locked away in my closet.

I forgot this beer is for a special day. Handing out grolsch bottles of it instead of cigars i made up 2 labels

ForumRunner_20120303_085101.jpg

ForumRunner_20120303_085123.jpg
Haven't decided which one. I also am attaching miniature rattles to each neck

I forgot this beer is for a special day. Handing out grolsch bottles of it instead of cigars i made up 2 labels

Very cool, I did the same thing for my daughters baby shower, and need to brew something for the one who's on the way. I like the general design of the blue label better, but the font size of the name seems a bit small.

View attachment 50794

View attachment 50795

My wife gave birth last August and I made a label almost identical to the blue one and gave them away. My son's name is Kieran, so I made a Bavarian Weissbier and named it "Kieran Wiezen".

Back