Other forums

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay....so who are you on the "other" brewing forums?

I'm Dude at brewboard. I'm "the dude" at Morebeer, TBN, Beertools and Northern Brewer.

What are you guys?

Come on, I know you post (or at least lurk) over there.

;)

Dude said:

I'm Dude at brewboard. I'm "the dude" at Morebeer, TBN, Beertools and Northern Brewer.

What are you guys?

;)

I am forum monogamous, you filthy pig!

I use the same name everywhere. I think I have a grand total of 2 posts on brewboard and have done nothing more than look at the others you mentioned - if that

I registered over there, I can't even remember as what, and poked around a little bit. Never posted, don't expect that I will. Any questions that I have get answered very quickly and expertly here, after a while it's just more and more and more opinions, not adding any additional substance.

I've posted a few times over at the brewboard but mostly in the Public House, only viewed NB and morebeer. This place is my home away from home:mug:

I posted for a little while on Brewboard (the green one) but I thought they were jerks so I left, came over here and now I am like that rash you just can't get rid of. I was Brewpastor there too. I am Brewpastor everywhere, except for the Pedo boards where I am Brewpriest.

:p

Brewpastor said:
except for the Pedo boards where I am Brewpriest.

Nice.

I'm Cheyco everywhere else since Chairman is a hbt inside joke. I hang out here more than anywhere. I post a little on TBN, but not much. Incidentally, Kaiser posts there a ton...

Walker-san said:
I am forum monogamous, you filthy pig!
On which forum is that your user name?;)

I'm sure i've registered with a few other brew sites - Winepress forum, Northern brewer etc but have never posted. It's my deep seated hatred for Walker that keeps me chained to this site.....

Caplan said:
On which forum is that your user name?;)

I'm sure i've registered with a few other brew sites - Winepress forum, Northern brewer etc but have never posted. It's my deep seated hatred for Walker that keeps me chained to this site.....

Yeah, that kind of keeps me going also. I'm glad that I could be brought closer together with a friend across the pond because of our mutual hatred for Walker. He's an inspiration. Really does a lot for international relations. guy oughta win an award or something.

I frequent brewboard as "Andre the Giant", but mainly just the Public House to chat about our ongoing "Risk" addiction at conquerclub.com. If any of you want in on the geeky action, there's a thread on the brewboard public house called something like, "lets play Risk.." It's up to 48 pages or so.

When I have questions, suggestions or brewing stories to tell, I come here. Seems much more cozy and friendly. (Except in the fantasy football league where the Scrotum Puppies are getting hammered week after week.)

This is the only forum I post on at all. Every question I've ever had has been answered here whether I asked it or someone else had. There is a level of maturity and humor on this site I've not seen on others--great group of guys (and gals).

I never posted on a board till I came here. I got here when it was realtively new and
most people were just learning the hobby.

I have visited the green board but felt like I was a freshman at
the Harvard Beer College. There are just some things that really aren't
important to me and arguing IBU calculations isn't one of them.

I'm interested in my IBU's only to the extent that I'm in the
ball park..can't taste the difference between 27 and 33 IBU's so whats
the point.

So, I post here knowing if I say something stupid or have a different approach to the process ....
nobody takes it to heart and they either respond in humor or politely ignore me. I guess that's why I hang around. .. no pressure..

There are a lot of good folks on this site...well , excluding Cheesefood..
..that dude is a bit twisted....still haven't got tubgirl outta my head.
I blame him and my stupid curiosity for that though....

I keep coming back....

:mug:

andre the giant said:
I frequent brewboard as "Andre the Giant", but mainly just the Public House to chat about our ongoing "Risk" addiction at conquerclub.com. If any of you want in on the geeky action, there's a thread on the brewboard public house called something like, "lets play Risk.." It's up to 48 pages or so.

Oh, thanks, man... like I needed another addiction in my life. ONLINE RISK? Come ON! I'm trying to complete a degree here! I have to CON-CEN-TRATE!!!

Hey--- you a Dip player?

This is the only one I post at. Sudster has it right about the Green Board. Seems some take themselves way too seriously. Altho there is some good info there as well.

There used to be a travel board I frequented, but since I can't afford to go to the Caribbean 3 times a year I got sick of hearing how they were and bailed.

Ize

There is the one sports forum I post at (I'm a closet Boston Celtics fan, one of about nineteen left in the country), but I've cut WAY back in recent months. It's just not as much fun. Half the people there are kids, and no one listens to each other. Very little sense of community, nobody really just jokes around and bull****s, you don't get to know anyone. It just stopped being as much fun.

P funky said:
Oh, thanks, man... like I needed another addiction in my life. ONLINE RISK? Come ON! I'm trying to complete a degree here! I have to CON-CEN-TRATE!!!

Hey--- you a Dip player?

CRAP - I didn't need to know about it either. I haven't played risk in a LONG time

Haven't Risk since frosh year (1970). After a month or so, the games went: Wipe David off the map, then play. No fun for me.

So, this begs the question - who is in for the HBT Risk challenge and when is it gonna be???

I joined brewboard...but thos greenies annoy me. So I don't post there...don't even browse anymore.

I post on Northern-Brewer alot. Its not the same as here, but a good site, with alot of decent folks. Plus, i order from NB alot.

I am HomerT on all the brewing boards. I am Silver Snake on the auto forums I hit (homage to my old Cobra).

-T

Dude said:

What are you guys?

;)

What? There are OTHER forums???? :D

Same here. I've lurked on brewboard and Northernbrewer, and I even registered on beeradvocate. But this one is the only one I've posted on. I love it, every question answered, great bunch of guys (and girls). I get a laugh and some insight, I even aspire to some of the brewers here (brewpastor jumps to mind).

:mug:

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Yeah, that kind of keeps me going also. I'm glad that I could be brought closer together with a friend across the pond because of our mutual hatred for Walker. He's an inspiration. Really does a lot for international relations. guy oughta win an award or something.

OK, Cap I'm starting to get p!ssed. What's the point of trying to annoy someone if they won't respond. Walker's really taking the fun out of this thing.

I'm registered at Tastybrew as brewsmith, but I've never posted. I just use their online calculators. This is the only forum that I spend any serious time on.

I'm SammyP on Brewboard, but I'm pretty much a Public House whore. I like most of the people on there, and the rather quirky sense of humor that seems to dominate the place.

This is still my brewing home, though.

I'm not a fan of the NB forums at all.

I didn't know there were any other brew boards! I'm comfortable here. No need to play the field.

I used to browse the greenboard (because it wasn't filtered at work), but my time is currently overwhelmed just trying to keep up here, plus I like the vibe better and it currently fulfills all my needs. It's definitely nice that there are a # of forums so you can find the one that suits you best, or utilize several.

Back