Saturday's Dinner (posted a little late)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
This past Saturday I went to my brother's rod & gun club for one of their Game Dinners. All the dishes are prepared by members of the club using ingredients that they caught/killed/gathered themselves. These dinners are loads of fun and the food is great. Here's the menu:

gdmenu2.jpg

gdmenu1.jpg

My favorites were the Venison Ravioli (though I would consider them Pierogies) and the Pheasant Cannelloni.

I brought a growler of an E.F. clone and a growler of my Bourbon Oaked RIS to share with my table. All of it was gone by the fifth course.

Unfortunately I didn't win any of the raffle prizes.

This is what was served at another one of these dinners a couple years ago.

Even if it's seared, I'd be apprehensive of any wild game undercooked. It's not just e coli you have to worry about. I'd have still tried it though. Can't resist a gustatory adventure, even if I end up with worms. ;)

Even if it's seared, I'd be apprehensive of any wild game undercooked. It's not just e coli you have to worry about. I'd have still tried it though. Can't resist a gustatory adventure, even if I end up with worms. ;)

Well, I ate it on Saturday and no problems so far... I'll start new thread on the dangers of eating under cooked game complete with pictures if I end up getting sick:D

Well, I ate it on Saturday and no problems so far... I'll start new thread on the dangers of eating under cooked game complete with pictures if I end up getting sick:D

If you pass a 30' tapeworm and don't post pictures of it, I'll start a petition to have you removed from HBT. :fro:

Back