Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see some posts. I'm still looking to set up a HBT group for the MLB fantasy "Beat the Streak" challenge. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/bts/y2013/splash_index.jsp
It cost nothing to join, and is a blast to play with a group. Trash talk, would flow through here. You enter your name, pick a player to get a hit, and MLB keeps track. If anyone is interested in playing, or is already playing, I have a group set up for HBT members.And you could win $5.6 million

I really wish they would show one of the west coast baseball games here on a channel that I don't have to get a special subscription for. Whenever its past 10 and I feel like watching some baseball, I have no luck.

A buddy from high schools dad is the head plumber at citi field . . He hooked me up with some sweet stuff from the all star game

ForumRunner_20130726_135703.png

Relax Pass, it's early. Go Ray's. But I have to admit.... The RedSux fans are the 2nd best in baseball. I love when the Tigers play them. Looking forward to the games next month.

There is no stopping the RED SOX. The team has too much heart and drive to win and now with Peavy and when and if Buckholz comes back. What a difference a year and a manager makes!

There is no stopping the RED SOX. The team has too much heart and drive to win and now with Peavy and when and if Buckholz comes back. What a difference a year and a manager makes!

Seattle let me down last night. I can't believe the sox came back and won that. Rays need the sox to take a breather so we can take our rightful place at the top of the heap, the Beast of the East :)

Yu was awesome last night! 14 k's for the 3rd time this season! Woo hoo! It's been a pretty exciting 4 game stint. Now if we can continue it during the series in Oakland, we will be back in first place!

"Detroit has four aces, which is why they are so good," Indians manager Terry Francona said before the game.

After Verlander performance I wonder if Francona might think Detroit has 5 aces. Because I rate JV #5 on our starting pitchers

V is an ace. Sherzer is on top now, but V is the man.

You got to remember pass I watch every Tiger game. Most of the time I see the game at least 2 or 3 times. JV used to be ace.... not anymore. He is a shadow of the man he used to be. Verlander in the past was "much watch TV" for the last year he is "cringe TV" anytime he pitches. Tonight he looked better. If he could forget that 100mph fastball and regain the curve with that awesome movement he will be fun to watch again.

You got to remember pass I watch every Tiger game. Most of the time I see the game at least 2 or 3 times. JV used to be ace.... not anymore. He is a shadow of the man he used to be. Verlander in the past was "much watch TV" for the last year he is "cringe TV" anytime he pitches. Tonight he looked better. If he could forget that 100mph fastball and regain the curve with that awesome movement he will be fun to watch again.

That's too bad. He was automatic for a long time.

I'm really impressed how well your team is doing without Miggy. His bat was carrying you guys for a lot of the season.

Verlander looked like his old self again last night. (Well, he SOUNDED like it because I was listening on the radio while I worked outside...)

Free Press reported he claims his foot placement had changed and was throwing off his delivery. He says he worked it back and regained his capability. Time will tell.

He did throw a few 100MPH fastballs last night that were very effective.

I'm kind of worried about Fielder. He needs to be hitting better and more consistently at his place in the order.

Harvey pitches tonight. As a Mets fan, it's all we have to look forward to right now. Zack Wheeler has great stuff, just has to harness and control it better. I think he's going to be the Scherzer to Harvey's Verlander in a year or two.

My thoughts for the Tigers. Avila will never play another game. The only option is Bryan Holaday. No MLB catcher available. Mauer is too expensive. No one else available is better than Holaday/ Brayan Pena. Tigers need to play .500 ball the rest of the season to get 93 wins. That will get into the playoffs.

Dammit Scherzer is on fire! Which is good for my fantasy team but not for my Rangers. Rangers are on a roll right now though and start a 4 game series with the worst team in baseball tonight. Which probably means they will get swept :)

46andbrew said:

When Clay comes back hopefully he pitches well. That would free up an extra arm or two for the bullpen as well. Right now the bullpen is the only thing that really troubles me. Time will tell.

Dammit Scherzer is on fire! Which is good for my fantasy team but not for my Rangers. Rangers are on a roll right now though and start a 4 game series with the worst team in baseball tonight. Which probably means they will get swept :)

Scherzer runs into Harvey on Saturday. That should be a hell of a pitcher's duel.

iaefebs said:
Red Sox, Yankees are the best thing on TV in September. The last two games have been unbelievable

I'd rather have my eyes scratched out than watch those two ********* filled lineups play. Not everyone falls for the east coast ESPN hype machine.

I'd rather have my eyes scratched out than watch those two ********* filled lineups play. Not everyone falls for the east coast ESPN hype machine.

East coast, Central, West Coast, I enjoy it all. Less on the West coast teams that play at 10:00 at night. Watching LAA , TEX at the moment. It's only Hype if you watch all the crappy pseudo sports shows with the talking heads in suits with baseball mitts and artificial ball fields.

Sorry you guys can't watch a superior sport. Sad when preseason football outdraws playoff baseball

Time for the Rays to step it up. They needed the win today, now they need to come home and prove they are playoff ready against the Sox. I'm hoping for a good series.

Time for the Rays to step it up. They needed the win today, now they need to come home and prove they are playoff ready against the Sox. I'm hoping for a good series.

Frigging Rays. Their season just fell apart a couple of weeks ago. Argh. I hope they can beat the Sox, but at this point there's little chance of winning the division. It's about the wild card now.

Back