New to brewing and

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoxer311

Reaction score
Are you wanting less steps than in a Mr. Beer batch? Ummm ok....

1) go to store
2) Buy a beer
3) Drink beer
4) repeat

All kidding aside you won't get any less steps than boil LME, ferment, bottle, drink.

Fletcher21 said:
Are you wanting less steps than in a Mr. Beer batch? Ummm ok....

1) go to store
2) Buy a beer
3) Drink beer
4) repeat

All kidding aside you won't get any less steps than boil LME, ferment, bottle, drink.

You're looking at 2-3 hours for an extract batch, plus cleaning, bottling, and cleaning again.

If you're looking for an easier thing than beer, you may want to go with wine making instead. Initial steps on a wine kit are way easier (and the instructions are better).

Beer only.. I may have the girl start making wine just for kicks but that's day 2...

That is above and beyond for a "starter" kit. If you have the funds and a fridge for the keg, etc., then go for it. Looks like.everything you need to brew, chill, and keg extract beer.

If dont have a fridge for the keg, then get the kits around $200 and bottle your beer. Thats what. Started with... now I do all grain with keggles and keep the kegerator with 2 kegs on tap at all times... This hobby gets more and more expensive as you go, but damn its fun! I started with the ~$200 kit and now I have well more than 10 times that invested... and I still "need" a few things

~Cheers

Go to your LHBS (Local Home Brew Store) and talk to those guys there. Mine actually sells "starter kits" there. It's just stuff from their shelves that they put into a cardboard box, but it had everything I needed. Those guys are helpful and most of them understand at one time, THEY were new to brewing. :mug:

And bottle first. Everybody needs to bottle at least once in their life. I actually enjoy it, myself.

I bottled before.. I hated it before cause I had to clean em, now my girl can do that.. :D

You're looking at 2-3 hours for an extract batch, plus cleaning, bottling, and cleaning again.

If you're looking for an easier thing than beer, you may want to go with wine making instead. Initial steps on a wine kit are way easier (and the instructions are better).

I make wine along with beer. The truth of it is, it is just as labor/time intensive, only with beer it is start time and end time. With wine, there are usually several inbetweens where you have to sanatize and rack or stir or something. Granted bottling is maybe 5 minutes faster because you only have 1/2 the number to cap/cork because the bottles are larger, but total time is about the same.

That's similar to what I got minus the pot and kegging set up for $200. Probably didn't need it all up front, but figured I'd need it eventually anyway.

Thank you..

I actually found a local shop 10 minutes away and purchased a bunch of stuff..

True Brew Gold Kit
CO2
Keg
3 different brewers best brews

and some other random stuff.. Any videos out there on step by step instructions?

Back