question on QD, pump and connections

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I am putting together my order to get my pump for the stand. I'm going with the camlock system throughout. question on connecting the 1/2" ss camlock a style quick disconnect to the pump. It has 1/2 Female NPT, is there a reason I cannot just connect this directly to the in of the pump (other than the fact that they insist on using the plastic coupling). do I really need a coupling attached to the pump and then to use a style F with 1/2 male NPT? On the out of the pump is going a ball valve like most of you use....do i need a coupling there too? or can i just go directly onto the threads of the pump (carefully i know).

thanks again for entertaining my noob questions!

M :mug:

I used a SS 90 degree elbow directly on the pump threads with no problem. As long as you don't over tighten you will be fine using metal fittings.

thanks for the reply......seems like it would be fine. not sure what the extra SS coupler in between does.

Back