Can this yeast handle this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
Ive got 11.5 grams of dry whitbread ale yeast i was originnally gonna pitch into a wort with an 1.058 og, but now i want to make an ipa. can i pitch it into a 1.064 gravity beer with good results?

if it was expected to work for 1.058, it will work for 1.064. There is not much difference in the OG.

Kai

Whitbread ale yeast (AKA safale04) can handle 11% ABV with careful handling. So, a OG of 1.064 will be a walk.

david_42 said:
Whitbread ale yeast (AKA safale04) can handle 11% ABV with careful handling. So, a OG of 1.064 will be a walk.

i just ordered another 11.5 g packet so all is good. Ive never used dry, and im all about yeast starters, i really wanted to pitch 2 packs (that seems to be what most recipe's call for)

im ocd when it comes to lag times...

I've had very good success pitching one pack of safale04. The red that's burping right now used one pack and started in less than 12 hours.

Back