Circulation pump vs Glycol cooling system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpartyParty

Reaction score
Am I missing something? If i wanted to do a trunkline of say 12-15 feet why couldn't i just run the glycol solution through a pump like the one pictured rather than a huge expensive glycol pump?

5L15M35R53G93Id3L8c6ec900419466ac1dc7[1].jpg

MMPP4301-EP[1].jpg

Of course the small pump would be in a bucket in the freezer not outside the keezer...

Of course the small pump would be in a bucket in the freezer not outside the keezer...

the huge expensive one you mention also contains a chiller to cool the liquid, so as long as you have that covered, you can go with your idea. your glycol temperature will not be nearly as consistant or have the same cooling capacity as that all-in-one unit pictured, though. you get what you pay for.

I run a $50 pond pump from Lowes through a pool of RV antifreeze in the freezer 25' with an 8' rise to my wall taps and it works perfectly. Lines are always beer cold, perfect pours, quiet operation.

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

Latest posts

Back