Keggle help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryHobbitBrewing

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got two euro 50L BASS kegs i was looking at it and its different from a sanke im not sure how to remove the stem! Any help would be appreciated!!

image-4162827152.jpg

image-4034965292.jpg

I have three kegs that had similar looking valves (better pics of. The valves might help) but mine were threaded. My kegs were not bass, and we're from a California cider producer. Hopes this helps, understand if doesn't :drunk:

does it have pressure? If not I would just drill small hole in the top and cut the lid?

Ok here are some better pics also there is no pressure in the keg but i dont want to just cut into it without taking the stem out.

image-3863824557.jpg

image-139266124.jpg

I'm on my phone, so I can't figure out how to put the link in, go to the search box and enter in "help with Bass keg". It looks like it has the info you are looking for.

Yeah looks like a destroyed version of the ones I have that were threaded.

image-2926184217.jpg

image-3458927081.jpg

Mumbly said:
Yeah looks like a destroyed version of the ones I have that were threaded.

Yes it looks like that, what i can assume from your pics is that you just hammererd the flange counter clockwise until it would hand loosen??

Actually when I got mine they had already been removed, and we're only hand tightened. If you don't care about the valves, which look to be toast anyway, I would probably say use a monkey wrench or something else to get a good grip, and try to get it loosened up

I had a keg like this in the past. I put a big monkey wrench on it then hit the end of the wrench with a hammer. Was not too hard to get it loose.

Back