My New Brew Do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotgunsteve

Reaction score
Recommendation?

About to start my 4th batch, want to make it interesting - maybe something dark, chocolate, fruit, nuts, or something?

What: Brewing in Edmonton, Alberta so have access to Winning Wines and the few other local guys. Have made kits from Barons and Brew House so far (same company).

When: Last one was a dark clear-ish Bock. Thanks.
:drunk:

Well, I assume you're doing extract?
Not sure how comfortable you are with the brewing process yet and you only said one thing that you've brewed.
Also not sure what you like but I'll throw some things out there.
See if they have a black butte porter clone. My favorite to have on tap.
Maybe an IPA?
Have you thought about a honey brew?
You might check some of the sites that post recipes and search for key words that interest you.
There's this site. Then there's Beersmith's site, http://www.beersmithrecipes.com/ You might need to sign up to do a search on beersmith, but it doesn't cost anything ( unless it's because I bought the software ).
There are a ton of recipe sites. Search for what interests you.
What I love might not sound interesting to you.

When you look over sites that post recipes, check them out. Some of them have mostly recipes that people post, but they've never tried yet! Just an idea mostly.

Good questions, more information will help:

Yes, correct. 23L extract kits. Have also done a Pilsner and Amber Ale. Have typically enjoyed beers like Pilsners but am moving more towards the other extreme - dark rich goodness.

Just settling into the brewing process, its different with each beer. Added malt extract to that last Bock.

Wow this is site is great - but way too intense for me still, they all look like full cook recipes. I guess I'm just looking for different types of tweaks that I can make to my process to slowly gain experience.

Starting to move more towards dark rich goodness, I stand by my Black Butte then!
My favorite. I'm a hop head, but that's second to Black Butte.
I think I'm going to make my next Black Butte a little less of a clone. I want to make it a little more "roasty".

If you want, I'll see if I can figure out how to export my Black Butte extract recipe from beersmith, or you can do a search for any recipe you want. Warning.... The Black Butte isn't cheap to brew!

I'm definitely not worried about paying a premium for some premium home brew. Would love to learn some more about this mysterious Butte! I'm interested about how you'll be making it more roasty as well. :mug:

Thanks in advance for sharing your favourite brew

Back