Capped/False front teeth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
Hey Im just wondering if anyone else out there has had any of their front teeth worked on/drilled/porcelain capped/fixed.

About nine or ten years ago I face planted and ate concrete doing BMX crap and broke my upper front tooth in half. They ground the remaining tooth down to just around the nerve and then fitted it with a super cool porcelain tooth.

Its never bugged me in all those years except for the past couple weeks. The pain is like nerve sensitivity to hot and cold, just like it felt the day I broke the tooth.

Basically I was just curious if anyone has experienced the same or similar thing with porcelain caps?

Im going to get it checked out soon here, but I thought in the meantime I would ask around.

I ate the steering wheel in my 68 Camaro when I hit a rock wall doing about 50mph which not only broke my jaw but broke my back as well. I got one tooth capped from that the other I just had pulled and never replaced. Currently 18 years after said accident they have figured out that the nerves and roots of 2 teeth are in bad shape and will need root canals and capped. Another needs to be pulled completely and have an implant put in. Oh lucky me, everything insurance doesn't cover.

I have a false half front tooth from face planting a street off a motorcycle that bugs me every once in a while. The biggest problem I have though is flossing. They didn't smooth up one of the sides very well so it shreds floss.

Drunkensatyr said:
The biggest problem I have though is flossing. They didn't smooth up one of the sides very well so it shreds floss.

Same here, Im starting to wonder if it chipped just enough to expose the real tooth or something.

I've never had any problems with my capped teeth until my last one. I've had a cap on one of my front teeth for 30 yrs with no problems. 10 years so far on one molar - this was after I need a root canal so that doesn't count. However, I had a crown put on in Aug. and ever since then it was cold sensitive. Finally went back a month ago and they sent me to the endodontist. He checked the cold sensitivity of my molars. With the ones in front and behind the problem tooth it took a second or so to feel the cold, and then it went away quickly. Then he tested the problem tooth. INSTANT pain, and then it lingerd a good long while. Root canal time! There is no need to fear a root canal (other than the $$$). Once completed, there is no nerve to send a pain signal. Quite a relief! I can now finally really enjoy a cold beer with out have to try and keep it to one side of my mouth.

Good Luck!

Both of my upper front teeth are capped. I think I was 10 years old for the first one, got hit in the mouth with a baseball bat. The second one came a year later, when I tripped and hit a chair. My front teeth are on and off when it comes to sensitivity to cold. It is really only an issue if i'm having a beverage with ice in it.

I have a Porcelain crown top K-9 tooth and it has really been bothering me latley with winter getting here, I asked the dentist and he told me it wasnt that tooth it was the one next to it It had a Cavaty I have to have to damn root canals now. Damn Kodiak! DONT CHEW PEOPLE!

Back