question about pitching yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinit

Reaction score
Once I set my fridge up for controlled ferment temp,after pitching yeast should I wait until the fermentation starts? or just put the pail rite into the fridge....will the constant 60 degree temp hinder the start of fermentation?

Make sure you stay within the yeast's temp range. But yeah,just pitch the yeast,seal,& set up a blow off or airlock. Put it in the temp controlled fridge.

thanx guys,so each type of yeast has a specific temp range? hate to sound stupid here,I make all ales for now only on my 4th batch the beer has been drinkable but I want to make really good beer trying to lose that wet cardboard taste...learned how not to oxiginate the batch next working on temp controlled ferment...

Yes.The manufacturers have ranges listed for each yeast's comfort zone. The notty yeast's temp range is shown to be 57-70F,but will tolerate 54F. Also said to have a high alcohol tolerance.

Back