Beginning to build a RIMS system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdomrose

Reaction score
I have finally started building a RIMS system.

There is now a blog with pictures started if anyone cares to follow the build progress. I will be doing updates in this thread and on the blog.

Wish me luck!!!

Karl

Well I haven't been able to do any work on the rig this week. Work schedule was busy, busy, busy.

I did pickup a smaller burner to mount under the mash tun, just in case I need to do a step infusion, or if the RIMS tube burns out in the middle of a brew session. (I saw a friend have that happen.. )

I will try and get to the shop today and do some more work on the rig...

Karl

UPDATE...

Got to go and work on the rig again this week. I uploaded some more pics to my blog.

<--------The blog link is to the right. :D

Karl

Well,

I have finished the main framework. I have scrounged up 3 kegs.
I used a grinder and cut out all 3 tops.

I have drilled the holes and mounted a thermometer and 2 weldless ports in the hot liquor tank. I might go ahead and weld them in. Haven't decided yet.

Work has kept me busy so things are going slower than I want.

I will try and get some updated pictures onto my blog soon.

Karl

Ok..OK.. I know I haven't updated anything here in a while. I have been working on the rig.

Here are some pictures of where things are at.

I have the electrical controls all completed and tested. The gas lines and valves are all run and tested.

All that is left is the liquid lines. I am hoping to get things completed this week and to pop the cherry on this thing on January 2nd.

2011-12-04 16.47.42.jpg

2011-12-04 16.45.04.jpg

2011-12-12 18.17.57.jpg

2011-12-12 18.16.43.jpg

2011-12-12_18_16_32.jpg

Back