Need help. How do I turn Red Bull fridge into kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraffel51890

Reaction score
I recently bought a Red Bull fridge and want to turn it into a kegerator. Any suggestions. Can I drill a hole through the glass?

fromphonehttp:

Does the light wiring take up the entire top? It would be awesome to have a chrome tower coming out of the lit up bull.

A shank going through that glass is going to look messy and bad.

Not sure about the wiring. I would assume drilling a hole would screw some things up in there. There's always the option of going through the side of the fridge which isn't glass. Would that work?

I've been told on a normal fridge that some of the cooling lines are in the walls. If you hit one while drilling you just junked the fridge.

If I were you I'd at least take off the top shroud and take a peek inside to see if going out the top is possible.

I was wondering what you ended up doing with this? I am getting ready to convert mine this week wanted to know if you encountered any issues drilling in the side?

Those fridges are a waste to try and turn into a keezer.

Can't do the glass.. well... you can't make it look good.

The coils are in the side too.

Awesome man that's a huge help. Take some of the wonder out of me messing anything up. I planned on drilling about the same spot. Thanks again

I'd put some tint on the windows, if you plan to have it somewhere visible. That looks ugly as sin being able to see the mess of hoses and kegs. Or, if you live in a frat house, it might blend in.

Back