Sanyo 4912 - Mounting taps on bottom of door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm8877

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Here's my latest prob. I live in a NYC apartment. No room. Tall ceilings though.

I just got a Sanyo 4911 ($80 used, Craigslist - had to go to Brooklyn to get it). I am going to keep it ON TOP of my regular kitchen fridge.

So two questions: First, can I drill through and mount the taps near the bottom of the door? I want to be able to reach up and pull a pint, but still be able to open the freezer door on my regular fridge below.

And second, can I take off the shiny metalic panel on the door so it doesn't get drilled and save it for the day when I have a bigger place? Someday I'll want to install a tower on top of this thing.

Your advice?

I agree with BobbyM, as far as I can tell by looking at mine directly underneath that silver cover is foam insulation. Taking it off would only make it look like S#!T

Is the door on the sanyo reversable like a full sized fridge? I mean, can it open left or right, just by changing the hinges? If so you could eventually mount the door from the other direction and have your taps at the top of the door instead.

Just a thought.

kvh.

Good Luck. I did a door conversion on my Sanyo. I bought 4" (what are them things called?) instead of the standard 5" to go through the door and not hit the kegs. I eyed the set=up for a number of beers, and ended up drawing everything out on CAD. There was no way I was going to get the taps below the top of the kegs. It was not a big deal because the fridge is sitting on a 30" shelf. Maybe if you could get 3" whichimigigees with 90 degree elbows you could make it work.

You will likely need to mount them close to the center to have enough room for the lined to go in... or go with elbows on the shanks...

Don't worry about coolant lines... its all foam.

The other option is a 2-in-1 shank. Two inlets on the shank, and it splits for 2 taps. I didn't go this route because they were expensive and ugly.

Back