Thanks Boulevard!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAdamC

Reaction score
I'd just like to send a big shout out to Boulevard Brewing Company of KC, MO for the limited release of Chocolate Ale. Not only is it a fantastic beer, but selling three bottles on ebay paid for my premium membership! I'm glad HBT takes paypal. I think I'll use the rest for a bag of Golden Promise.:D

And I can't wait to pop the last bottle along with the Infinium on June 20th, when we close on our first house! It's a good year!

I am not saying you did right or wrong but I would never advertise to the internet that you sold any beer...ever but grats on the beers!

#1. I think it's agains the spirit of craft beer to buy up a bunch of bottles, only to sell them off. If you're hoarding them to drink or trade for other beers, fine, but only to re-sell...bad beer karma.

#2. You're better served drinking your last Chocolate Ale now. The chocolate flavor is gonna fade fast. If you're wanting to age some BLVD beers, I'd suggest the BBQ, Rye-on-Rye, or Imperial Stout.

#1. I think it's agains the spirit of craft beer to buy up a bunch of bottles, only to sell them off. If you're hoarding them to drink or trade for other beers, fine, but only to re-sell...bad beer karma.

If people weren't willing to pay stupid amounts of money for "rare" beers then there wouldn't be an issue. Why are you blaming the resellers when the brewery is the one creating an artificial scarcity?

I agree with the majority of what's been said. Chasing after "rare" beers has very quickly created a "craft beer scene" I don't want to be a part of.

Beer Snob said:
Oh you like IPA's? Well, I only drink Pliny the Younger 5 seconds after it's left the tap, otherwise it's faded."

No thanks. It's beer folks, it's supposed to bring people together, not be a determining factor of your lame social heirarchy. [/rant]

Wait... so now there's morals to what beers we buy, why we buy them, and what we do with them? Oh Jeez. Some people need to fall off thier horses.

I mean its definitely illegal to sell beer, but now it's against the craft beer code? Brewers are not gods people... relax.

I'm not saying there are morals, standards, codes, commandments, orders, or otherwise in the beer buying community. I'm also sure BLVD doesn't care what he did with it once they got their money. Just my $0.02, not sitting on any high horse.

Back