Stainless Conical Fermenter from Bitter Creek Homebrew: Review ala Boerderij Kabouter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it it isn't any good? Like I said, I didn't spend a lot of time reading this thread, just the first page or two. I'll have to read through it tonight.

The post right above yours.....

I just had it handy so I used it for testing as others have already mentioned.
The other minor issues are being addresses and I hope to have the final samples in route in the next few weeks.

&^**&^%$%^&*()_)*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#$%^&*()_+)(*&^%$#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#)(*&^%$#%^&*()(*&^%$#@$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#@$%^&*()

I just went through 83 dang posts to find out that they still are not up for sale !!!

WTF........................

&^**&^%$%^&*()_)*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#$%^&*()_+)(*&^%$#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#)(*&^%$#%^&*()(*&^%$#@$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#@$%^&*()

I just went through 83 dang posts to find out that they still are not up for sale !!!

Guess you should have skipped to the end if you were in a hurry ;)

I am trying to get some of the small but important details worked out quality wise. I would rather spend the time and get it right rather than jump in and sell stuff that people will have trouble with down the road.

Guess you should have skipped to the end if you were in a hurry ;)

I'm sorry, but you two just made me literally LOL. You owe me for a new computer keyboard, since I just shot beer out of my nose onto my keyboard.

I ordered two 150 liter stainless fermenters directly from china. A place I may name later. The fermenters should be arriving in Chicago this weekend and I will go pick them up. There has been some issues with shipping. I prepaid for shipping to Chicago and now they are trying to charge me for that. I will let you know if the company is honest and if there are extra fees. If chicompany.net sees this then please email me as well to find out the outcome if you plan on dealing with this group. I hope they are going to make this right.

I hope you had them correct their welding issues first, we are having issues/communication problems with them on that front and I wasn't going to take a load of them like they have been sending.

I ordered two 150 liter stainless fermenters directly from china. A place I may name later. The fermenters should be arriving in Chicago this weekend and I will go pick them up. There has been some issues with shipping. I prepaid for shipping to Chicago and now they are trying to charge me for that. I will let you know if the company is honest and if there are extra fees. If chicompany.net sees this then please email me as well to find out the outcome if you plan on dealing with this group. I hope they are going to make this right.

I hope you had them correct their welding issues first, we are having issues/communication problems with them on that front and I wasn't going to take a load of them like they have been sending.

What kind of welding issues? The rouge spots mentioned a while ago?

Would say a few things. I got my two fermenters. Customs cost about $200 to get them into the US. I didn't expect that fee. They are beautiful fermenters. The internal welds look similar to the ones in this post. I don't think that will be an issue. They aren't rough. I mean, they are putting two separate pieces of stainless together. It is super heavy duty and the valves are awesome. Will try to post more if there are quests. WOuld say I got two for the price of one if you compare to the fermenator. I haven't seen anywhere that the fermentator from blichman is made in the US either.

Would say a few things. I got my two fermenters. Customs cost about $200 to get them into the US. I didn't expect that fee. They are beautiful fermenters. The internal welds look similar to the ones in this post. I haven't seen anywhere that the fermentator from blichman is made in the US either.

Wow they nailed ya big time on customs, that for both or each? Either way that sucks. Same as ordering items out of state as some states add sales tax vs others do not, another rip.

On the Blichman's I would think they would be proud to state their fermenters are made in the U.S.A. if they were. I bet not unless proven otherwise.

IT was $200 total for customs. This is because to get the items into a port -- I used Chicago, you have to have a shipping company accept them. They then trasnport it to their warehouse. There you have four days to pick it up or they start charging by the day. It was like a $50 fee for a power of attorney, $100 for the paperwok and $50 for loading and to the warehouse. That added about $100/fermenter. But we are talking about 40 gallon fermenters. They are like $1400 each from blichman. Saw a few from the chinese sites that were identical to blichman, never got prices becaue I prefer the design and aesthetics of the fermenters from this post.

Saw a few from the chinese sites that were identical to blichman, never got prices becaue I prefer the design and aesthetics of the fermenters from this post.

Those are usually stolen pics right off the Blichman site, sometimes they actually hyperling right to Blichmans pic's.
I dont know if they are just trying to get your money or saying that they can make one exactly like blichamns, either way I would stay away from those companies.

Why the secret on the supplier - its a matter of public record.

CHerrman Us 1 10/20/2009 156 Kg
From port: Ningpo, China
To port: Illinois International Port District, Chicago, Illinois Beer Fermentation Tank
Zhejiang Dayu

There are numerous versions available. This was a quick search. I notice the legs are a bit different on the link I showed. If you do a search on china stainless fermentor, you will come up with numerous suppliers and models along with various sizes.

so in all seriousness (b/c I am curious and do not know much about the process) can we expect to get a price anytime soon?

They are building the revised units now.
Matt
PS: good luck bring over individual units at a time...
High /unit cost
Shipping = 100 of $s
CUSTOMS...our units had a two week hold for X-Ray examinations....yep...they look like mini-nukes to us!

Matt; is that the 65L units they're working on for you?
What would be the price of a 65L non jacketed?
Being in the bay Area this would be a no shipping item I can pick it up.
I must thank you for the many corny's I purchased from you.
Take care and have a safe holiday. Carl on a island.

I dropped my project with this company ages ago, to say they were less than honest and strange things happened quality wise would be an understatement.

One thing that might be of concern...as these are imported at a low cost from China, would be the presence of lead in the steel.

Back