Budweiser American Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmansfield

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Stuck at a low class bar in Evansville, Indiana last weekend. Only options were Bud, Bud Light and the new Budweiser American Ale. I had seen all the ads and somehow totally missed that this was a new offering - I thought they were re-spinning regular Bud. It is a bit better than Budweiser (which I would rate as average to Bad). I wonder if this is a true brew - or is it a mix of 2 or more batch varieties. My pint was $3 at the bar but you can buy 6 for about $6 at the store.

Here is why a homebrewer should buy this beer in the six pack or case:

The bottles are AWESOME for homebrew. They look larger than some other bottles. They are a stout, stick glass with good, easy to grip nubs and knurls. I really like to rebottle in these, they are much thicker looking than most bottles I've recycled with homebrew. They didn't go overboard with the AB markings in the glass.

Conspiracy Theory: I think AB made the bottles this way to lure homebrewers into buying the beer. How else are you going to get people who usually scoff at Bud to buy AB?

Anyway: A 6'er is 6.79 in NJ and a case at Sam's is 21 bucks. So invest in a few cases and get yourself some really impressive looking homebrew bottles.

I view the liquid held by the bottles as a perk for buying the bottles.

This is my favorite offering from the big three. My new cheap beer of choice $10.99 12 useful bottles.

Tried some before I was into home brewing and so did not save the bottles.

As for the Ale, I was not impressed at all.

This is the perfect crossroads beer for people who don't drink hoppy beers. If it did not say Budweiser on the label it would be a top seller. It does not taste like Bud and is my fav
AB product. I bottle all my brews in this glass.

Good info! Maybe I can get my Budweiser drinkin' buddy to try a case and save me the bottles!

I gave this a try and could barely choke down the bottle I ordered.. I didn't throw it out only because I'd dropped like $3.50 for it at a bar...

the 22oz bottles are the basically the same price as empty 22oz bottles at the LHBS ! Just choke it down and shoosh... or pour it out :) They use really cheap glue so the labels come off easily too !

Back