Cooking with Fruit from Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgrim001

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has cooked something with the remaining fruit from secondary? I have a stout sitting on tart cherries right now and I just thought of this.

I haven't, but I think much of the flavour might be gone. Interesting idea, though.

B

Might be interesting in a cake.

I attempted to make icecream from the peaches I racked over a mead in secondary once. It didn't really turn out because of the alcohol in it. I also made a cake out of the mascerated dates I used to make a gallon of date wine with. After steeping the dried dates in boiling water and then camdening them I ran it through a sieve to extract liquid. The remaining pulp was used in the cake and it was fantastic.

Your stouty cherries would be awesome in something.

The only time I have used fruit in a beer was a strawberry cream ale. The strawberries lost all color that you would associate with strawberries and they ended up looking like puree'd brains. I have nothing to say about cooking with them, I just wanted to mention puree'd brains.

Latest posts

Back