Wondering if i have an issue here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagwag

Reaction score
I started a cider last Saturday, had troubles getting fermentation going, added a yeast stimulator to re start the yeast (Monday), Tuesday the vapor lock was bubbling pretty well, yesterday a bit slower, now today I don't see anything going on. My first batch of cider I've done didn't have this issue, and it's sitting at 11%

Did you use the same juice, same yeast, same sugar? What was the recipe?

No, this one is 1 gal 100% apple juice with red star champagne yeast. My first one was 2 gal cider 1/2 gal blackberry/kiwi juice, used wyeast dry cider/mead yeast.

Any thought as to what can be going on? I just checked the gravity and its at 1.04 and started with 1.065

Well if you used a FULL packet of yeast, your gravity may end up around 0.990 - 0.995

Don't believe the airlock, they don't always tell the truth ;)

Check it again today and see where the gravity is. If it's at 1.04 still, then check it again tomorrow, if still at 1.04, then bottle, or rack it. If you notice it dropping, then it's still going.

Latest posts

Back