Going to San Francisco in Sept.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quimby

Reaction score
I am originally from California, but I have been living in Oklahoma for the past 15 years.
I will be visiting some family for 2 weeks in September with my Wife and we will be in the Bay Area. San Ramon to be exact.
While we are there I want to hit up a few microbreweries and some cool pubs. Of course I already plan on hitting Anchor and Rogue, but I wanted to see what else you guys would recommend that I need to see while I am there. Of course would love to hit up any of these places that also give tours.
Another thing I would like to look for is possibly some places that have great food and beer pairing or something unique.

Thanks

If you'll be in San Ramon, Jack's has a servicable beer selection and food. I believe there is also a Hopyard location up there, but I've only ever been to the one in Pleasanton.

Good Call. When the family asks about going to dinner or lunch I will just request we go to Jacks ;)

There's a new gastropub opening up in Pleasanton called Handles on Main. 30 craft beers on tap, 8+ wines on tap, and seasonal, local food coming out of the kitchen. Looking like August 29th will be the grand opening.

21st Amendment in the downtown SF/stadium area has some nice beers.

I think I am actually going to try and go to a game while I am there. So I might try and hit up 21st Amendment while I am there.

Thank you and everyone else for the ideas

Thanks everyone.
I leave this Saturday and hope to hit all these places. I checked out The HopYard in San Ramon's Website and I may luck out. They are having a Brewery night on Sept. 27th and Stone Brewery will be there.

Magnolia Brewery in the Haight has delicious beer and food. Also if you're willing to drive a little Anderson Valley Brewery in Boonville is awesome. They don't serve food but have a great tour and a frisbee golf course.

Social Brewing Company, Beach Chalet, Thirstbear and Magnolia are all awesome and located in SF but if you wanna have a great time Speakeasy has a warehouse party on Fridays and Saturdays that is the best time you can have with your cloths on. I would look into seeing if they have one when you will be in town. If you want something closer to home First Street Alehouse in Livermore is awesome great food lots of craft beer on tap new bigger building done with all wood interior lots of TVs live music sometimes and they run different special beer every thurs night. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back