Sankey couplers D & S Type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barneey

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know that the "S" and "D" type Sankey Keg Couplers are near enough the same apart from the probe on the "D" type is 6mm (1/4") shorter than the "S" type.

A quicky question has anyone ever tried a "S" type on a D keg spear OR more importantly a "D" type coupler on a S keg spear to see if it still works, I`m thinking that the shorter length wont be enough to engage the internal part of the spear.

The reason behind the question I`m after some low profile "S" type couplers but see they are only available in the "D" type.

BTW I own my own kegs + have all the necessary paperwork for em.

Cheers

It will not work. It will only depress the ball enough to allow a tiny amount of beer through, in the form of pure foam because there's so much constriction. You might be able to place some sort of spacer on top of the ball before engaging the coupler though.

I would try the spacer, you can probably find something at the hardware store. I think you would need a spacer around 5/16" height

Cheers for the replies, since my original post I`ve got hold of some "d" type couplers to trial and your quite right they don't work with the "s" type BUT the actual inside shank is swappable which is useful as none of the couplers in the UK come with gas releases in them :)

Cheers

I was wondering what your final solution to the problem was? low profile d coupler with a spacing? or did you change out the spear inside the coupler? thank you!

Back