How many gallons of Skeeter Pee have been made.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaver

Reaction score
I started my 5 gal's this morning and looked for an existing tally. I did a search and couldn't find a one so I thought it would be interesting to start a tally thread for the Skeeter Pee like the Apfelwein. Seems that people try one or the other or both at some point.

Post your batch and add to the tally to keep it going.

References.
http://www.skeeterpee.com/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/skeeter-pee-195681/

5 gal's. Batch
5 gal's. (start)

Come on folks... RTFM... We need to keep the tally with the threads. It's easy on the first page. But I expect this to get large....

Total: 25 gal's

Just bottled my first batch. Made it with a yeast cake from a Merlot so it has a real nice flavor and pinkish color. Started my second batch. Will add then when I bottle.

+5 gal = 140 gal

What is it? never heard of this before..

Essentially, it's a lemon wine. It comes out like a hard lemonade. It's really good for hot weather consumption (picnics, BBQ's, the beach, etc). I see you live in the south, so you'll have plenty of hot humid days that were made for Skeeter Pee.

You can get the recipe and details at skeeterpee.com

I've got a 30 gallon batch going right now; almost done. I'm going to need some more empty bottles, I can see that now. Time to make another trip to the Mexican restaurant that saves Modelo bottles for me.

165+30=195

OHIOSTEVE said:
25 gallons for me and lots more to come=233+

What are peoples thoughts on using the slurry unwashed from two gallons of hibiscus to get five gallons skeeter pee going.
Think the flavors will mix well?

Fine, I'll own up to it. I'm dreading the AZ summer and stockpiling the Skeeter Pee. 290 + 25 = 315

Two 5 gallon batches for me. One straight up, and one Red Raspberry. 10 + 326= 336.

BRING ON THE PIPELINE!

5 gallons SPDY (Skeeter Pee-Dry Yeast) already 2 weeks in...
5 gal's SPDY starting tonight....

10+346= 356!

Double Batch....
used the slurry off previous SPDY to mix up 10 gallons. Testing :)

10+357= 367

Back