Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMan

Reaction score
This is the most open ended swap yet!!! Anything NOT local to your recipient goes!!! AKA, Anti-Local!

Please read up before joining, be absolutely sure you can comply.

The main goal is to share beer that is not obtainable by the recipient. It does not have to be rare or limited stuff (it certainly can be though). Please read below for the entry rules:

Here are the rules for this round:
- 200 oz. Minimum
- MUST BE BEER YOUR RECIPIENT CANNOT GET IN THEIR STATE!!! Use www.Seekabrew.com to know what is in their state (if seekabrew is incorrect, tough tootsies). You want the most local beer possible right? So SHIP the most local beer you can find. The more local, the better!
- You are to ship your box BY AUGUST 9 (I will have you your address by July 26). Two weeks to buy and ship is plenty of time.
- 100 post minimum to be eligible.

NEW MEMBER CLAUSE:
- I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)

The rest of the details:
This time will be slightly different, when you post that you are in, PM me your address and 1 style you DO NOT WANT. I.E. I do not like wheats. If you include more than one dislike, I'll simply pass on the first one you listed.

I will cap this at 30 participants or whatever we have on Friday morning (July 26), whichever we hit first. Once I have a list of all participants I will then randomly select who ships beer to who. You won't necessarily be shipping to the person that is shipping to you. If two participants happen to be in the same area, ill adjust it to change that.

Once I have my list of who ships where, ill pm each person the address and dislike of where they are shipping. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. I will be sending my tracking info to one of you as well. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!

Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback.

The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap-o-rama, we all take equal risk in participating.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

LOL, that was quick. I suppose telling everyone I was writing post was a bit much.

Either way, the members so far:

1) TheMan
2) Mikeysab
3) RedOktoberfest
4) Two_hearted
5) Cathedral

I'm gonna sit this one out/ give some other folks a chance.

(Ok actually, mikeysab creeped me out a lil bit with his last post) :D

It must be nice to have money to go on vacation. I spent my familys vacation money on swaps.

(Kidding, before anyone thinks im a certified ****** knuckle)

mikeysab said:
Dont be scared....but you're next. Don't worry about telling me what you have on hand....i'll check myself.

So I guess you don't need my shipping info...

Gotta dit this one out .... daughter, great nephew, and baby boy all have biryhdays in that time frame..... maybe the next one

It must be nice to have money to go on vacation. I spent my familys vacation money on swaps.

(Kidding, before anyone thinks im a certified ****** knuckle)

That's what I can't do! :) :mug: so gotta save the $ for now. I really wanna get in on this some day

I would love to join if I can be an exemption :) Can get some beer from brand new Inland Empire or Orange County, CA breweries (ritual, wicks, societe)

I would love to join if I can be an exemption :) Can get some beer from brand new Inland Empire or Orange County, CA breweries (ritual, wicks, societe)

It's first come first serve, so you are in, exception number 1!

Blah. Can't join this round, but I wanted to keep up so that I can see when the next one is looming. Excited about the next one!

I'm ready for a name so I can start shopping and making sure I don't buy the wrong style. I'll be heading down to Austin this weekend to see 311 so whoever I'm sending to will get more Austin & Houston beer that might not normally make it up to Dallas!

Back