What's your favorite hot sauce?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxer

Reaction score
Talking plain jane vinegar sauces, I love Texas Pete. Both the regular stuff, the hotter stuff, and their wing sauce. Gator hammock has a ton of garlic flavor... And my go to commercial sauce is Tortuga hellfire. Had it for the first time in Grenada, and used it like ketchup to dip fries in. awesome!

Tabasco, I like it on my eggs and us it in soups, it's a nice mix. If you go on facebook they have a gallon a day give a way.

Crap... I forgot Sriracha... The wife uses that one when she makes fried rice. I love it.

el-yucateco-salsa-kutbil-ik-exxxtra-hot-mayan-habanero-sauce-120ml-10001-p.jpg

Bufalo guajillo sauce goes on most things in my house.

ForumRunner_20130307_213532.jpg

That and Sriracha, btw anyone try the Sriracha Lays yet?? They rock!

Sriracha, tobasco, and whatever chipotle and habanero sauces i have on hand. I'm always sampling new ones on those styles.

That chili sauce is awsome i put it in beef noodle soup.
Ny favorite vinigar based is wings brand louisiana style hot sauce. Its the ones you usually get in the little packets at gas stations and stuff.

Blair's original death sauce. Hot with a good chipotle flavor but not hot enough to kill you.
Some of the other death sauces will kill ya if you're not careful though.

Ditto on the Vietnamese Chilli Sause (Sriracha) - hands down.

If you haven't already try some of that man's Sambal Oelek. That is hands down my favorite. A gallon costs $12. It's better than any I ever got in Indonesia.

The back story on this guy is kind of interesting too. Started making the stuff (Sriracha) for his homesick Vietnamese friends.

That is a good one. It isn't insanely hot but as I've gotten older I don't gravitate to sauces that are designed to carpet bomb the taste buds. I'd rather have something with kick, but just as important are complex, savory flavors within.

I love using anything Marie Sharpe. Also if you can take a little heat. Bone yard Brew hot sauce is fantastic. Tapatio, sirachi, and texas pete all have there place in my fridge.

When I order this, I try to buy it a few bottles at a time. It lasts only about 3 weeks. It adds a very smokey, bacon flavor and it is a killer on nacho's.

bacon hotsauce.jpg

Tabasco Chipotle is my current favorite.
Even though I used to live in Winston-Salem, I never have been a fan of Texas Pete. It's seems to be hot vinegar, without the flavor of the pepper that I want.

FermentNEthinG said:
Blairs 2 am reaerve. I haven't opened this yet. I assume that it wouldn't be very wise to try this straight up. Directions state to use 1 tsp per gallon of sauce for extreme heat. Wing contest anyone?

2 am has a pretty nasty extract taste. It's good in something (chili or soup) where the flavors mix. Not so good on something like a burger. Plenty of heat. Blair's ultradeath has almost the same heat but with a much better flavor. And yes ultradeath is my favorite hot sauce.

Sriracha, Franks, Crystal for basic, everyday stuff. I like a good green chile sauce for eggs and mexican foods, too, though.

2 am has a pretty nasty extract taste. It's good in something (chili or soup) where the flavors mix. Not so good on something like a burger. Plenty of heat. Blair's ultradeath has almost the same heat but with a much better flavor. And yes ultradeath is my favorite hot sauce.

Sounds interesting... I might have to try that one!!

Not in the same league but another I particularly like is Scorned Woman. That one has some good flavor with the heat.

Sounds interesting... I might have to try that one!!

Not in the same league but another I particularly like is Scorned Woman. That one has some good flavor with the heat.

Scorned Woman is a really good sauce. Used to have that at the sauce bar at my favorite burrito place in college.

Back