MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a few other group buys that do a new thread for each buy. Or maybe do one buy per month and break it up in a new thread that way. (This is my first group buy, so I don't really know how often you do them.)

If you can, please add an 8lb container of PBW to my order. If not, no worries.

Thanks,
Brendan

I have a 50lb bucket... just bring a ziplock bag :)

Australian Helga - $15.34 – Alpha range: 4.9%-6.3%
Aurora - $5.12 – Alpha range: 7-9.5%
Brewers Gold - $7.52 – Alpha range: 8-10%
Celeia - $6.32 – Alpha range: 3-6%
Centennial Type - $7.00 – Alpha range: 9.5-11.5%
Chinook - $8.14 – Alpha range: 11-14%
Challenger - $9.06 – Alpha range: 5-9%
Cluster - $6.05 – Alpha range: 5.5-8.5%
Crystal - $9.13 – Alpha range: 3.5-5.5%
Crystal Mini Bale - $9.13 – Alpha range: 3.5-5.5%
EK Gold - $10.09 – Alpha range: 4-7%
Falconer’s Flight - $8.55 – Alpha range: 10-11%
First Gold - $8.91 – Alpha range: 6.5-8.5%
German Magnum - $7.26 – Alpha range: 11-16%
German Tettnang - $9.58 – Alpha range: 3-6%
Galena - $6.80 – Alpha range: 11-14%
Glacier - $8.22 – Alpha range: 5-7%
Hallertauer Hersbrucker - $8.03 – Alpha range: 2-5%
Horizon - $10.40 – Alpha range: 11-13%
Liberty - $8.65 – Alpha range: 3-5%
Hallertauer Mittlefrue - $7.50 – Alpha range: 3-5.5%
Mt. Hood - $8.67 – Alpha range: 4-8%
Newport - $8.36 – Alpha range: 13-17%
NZ Pacifica - $14.98 – Alpha range: 5-6%
NZ Wakatu - $17.51 – Alpha range: 6.5-8.5%
Perle - $9.12 – Alpha range: 7-9.5%
Pilgrim - $8.29 – Alpha range: 9-13%
US Saaz - $10.40 – Alpha range: 3.5-4.5%
Bobek - $5.96 – Alpha range: 3.5-7%
Stella - $13.44 – Alpha range: 14-16%
Sterling - $6.70 – Alpha range: 6-9%
Summit - $8.83 – Alpha range: 16-19%
US Tettnang - $8.83 – Alpha range: 4-5%
Topaz - $12.26 – Alpha range: 6-7%
UK Fuggle - $10.09 – Alpha range: 3-6%
Willamette - $6.95 – Alpha range: 4-6%

prices for 11LB bags. good prices...if you want 11LB. they have very few 1 lb bags left, and are getting out of it all together! so let me know in a day or 2, if you want any hops... no cascades on the list.

that's a decent price for hallertau M.

I'll take Centennial, UK Fuggle and US Saaz assuming these are all pellets. If they're whole leaf, i'm not interested.

you need to buy them in 11 pound bags... you want to buy 33 pounds of hops? also, that's "centennial type" - it's a blend that mimics centennial but contains little to no actual centennial. it's almost certainly a pellet.

Those hops prices are absurdly low! Five cents an ounce!? I've already bought 1 lbs bags for much of this brewing year, but I'll keep those in mind for next year if people want to split hops.

I'll just stick with my grain order, looking forward to it.

prices for 11LB bags. good prices...if you want 11LB. they have very few 1 lb bags left, and are getting out of it all together! so let me know in a day or 2, if you want any hops... no cascades on the list.

According to the post, it's per 11lb bag. If the prices are per lb, I'm also not interested.

I'd appreciate if you'd stop polluting this thread with off topic banter. Stefin is running the show, and your incessant ramblings trying to split a bag, correct people's order, and speaking for Stefin is truly unnecessary.

:off:

other than my previous post, and this one, my posts have not been off topic. i didn't realize we were trying to maintain a library-like atmosphere in here. i've answered people's questions and helped them understand the ordering process (isn't that what we do on this board, help each other out?). i've made one "who wants to split" post, the rest have been replies to others' offers/requests to split. besides, seems to me that's what this thread is for. your threshold for "incessant" seems pretty low, IMO.

i appreciate the way in which you made your request. you could have been a lot snarkier/meaner, so thanks. stefin is indeed running the show, i'm sure he'll tell me to shut it if i'm being unhelpful or stepping on toes.

but enough of this. back to ordering grains.

i have some washed Unibroue yeast (wyeast 3864) that i could bring you but it would not be enough for a direct pitch - you'd need to step it up. hopefully someone else can help you out with an actual cake but if no one does lemme know.

i can come over on saturday morning if you'd like some help unloading the palette, moving stuff around, etc. friday after work is looking iffy.

Stefin,
You mean Friday the 25th?
Thanks Haus. I too do not have a yeast cake, but I can provide you with belgain yeast strain that you can grow up/ What are you making, or rather what strain/style of Belgian yeast do you want?

I've got some WLP575 left over from a Belgian IPA that I just kegged last week. If you don't mind the hop resins, I'd have no problem giving you some.

Sounds like we need to start a MD/DC/VA yeast swapping thread. I have 8-10 different strands on slants. I'd be happy to swap for some I don't have/need. Thoughts? Not even sure where such a thread would go.

I may be able to help unload next Friday depending on what time it's delivered. If so, I can also bring grain home for anyone that would prefer to pick up in the Frederick area (Myersville).

Can I get in on the next order for:

1 x BZ-PILS
1 x TF-GPRM

Stefin, if you still have plenty of PBW, I could use about 5-10 lbs

I normally hang out over at Northern Brewer but got wind of this group buy recently. I'm in Germantown and would love to get involved.

How often do you guys buy? I'd love to get sack of MO the next time you guys put together an order.

Thanks

I would like to jump on the next order for:

6 x GW-2ROW
1 x BD-MOPA

and if anyone is interested in splitting Rye or Carapils, I'm in.

Can I get in on the next order for:

1 x BZ-PILS
1 x TF-GPRM

Stefin, if you still have plenty of PBW, I could use about 5-10 lbs
'

got you down!

I normally hang out over at Northern Brewer but got wind of this group buy recently. I'm in Germantown and would love to get involved.

How often do you guys buy? I'd love to get sack of MO the next time you guys put together an order.

Thanks

i have you for 1 bag of BD MO- it comes when full.

I would like to jump on the next order for:

6 x GW-2ROW
1 x BD-MOPA

and if anyone is interested in splitting Rye or Carapils, I'm in.

I keep a bag of carapils around, so i can get you what you need...

it has been brought to my attention that I did not include costs... oops
fnord 2.0 85.55
kisejohn 0.5 19.81
MDVDuber 2.0 105.57
Stefin 4.0 191.69
Stonebrewer 2.0 74.68
atjsparty 2.0 141.40
lockwom 3.0 128.61
bill H - -
bdkelly 3.0 122.32
masonsjax 5.0 199.54
sheldon 2.5 110.51
Sweetcell 1.0 48.21
Scott Z 1.0 43.63
treehousebrewing 1.0 37.91
nursejackie 2.0 84.40
thrillhouse 2.0 81.54
jbay 1.5 70.60
90MINMAN 0.5 23.53
novahokie 2.0 87.84
JBK 3.0 146.39
maurice 1.0 100.62
mike 1.0 37.34

dont forget, candi sugar, pbw, starsan, carapils. etc etc samples etc.

I may be able to help unload next Friday depending on what time it's delivered. If so, I can also bring grain home for anyone that would prefer to pick up in the Frederick area (Myersville).

it shoudl be here around 9-10.... but i try to do a 2 ish unload, so people can plan to be there and not have lateness of the truck factor in. ill post when i get confirmation!

I would like to place an order for the next round:

1 Bag BZ-PILS
1 Bag CM-2ROW
1 Bag BD-MOPA

Would there be anyone on this buy that can assist me in getting my grains close to Frederick? If not no biggie.

Stephan

does my total include the Star San and the 4 lbs of candi sugar?

Can I get 10 lbs of carapils from your inventory?

I would plan to pick up on Saturday or Sunday, depending on road conditions after the "expected" snow they are talking about for Friday.

Sheldon

Stephan

does my total include the Star San and the 4 lbs of candi sugar?

Can I get 10 lbs of carapils from your inventory?

I would plan to pick up on Saturday or Sunday, depending on road conditions after the "expected" snow they are talking about for Friday.

Sheldon

great question!

the totals, are only based on the spreadsheet, so grain only.

I can get your 10lbs and your candi sugar. NCM did not have the starsan, and they were iffy they would have it in time, if not, ill just fill you something from my bottle!

I intend to be brewing Sat am... so that is the ideal time for any and all to stop bye (other than friday)

Thanks again for doing this! :mug: I'll be there Saturday as well. If it's easier, I'd like to paypal you now following the instructions from page one - is that ok? If not I'll bring cash.

S

I want to try to do an easy extract in the house while wifey is away playing with our new grand child in Spain.

Do you have DME - only need 8.5 lbs for a pliny clone.

Sheldon

Thanks again for doing this! :mug: I'll be there Saturday as well. If it's easier, I'd like to paypal you now following the instructions from page one - is that ok? If not I'll bring cash.

claphamsa gmail paypal is fine

S

I want to try to do an easy extract in the house while wifey is away playing with our new grand child in Spain.

Sheldon

i split a bag of DME on buy #2 or 3... was the worst mess i have ever seen in my life. i keep a small bag for starters, but thats it. sorry.

Sheldon said:
S

Sheldon

I can help you out, might need you to pick up for me anyway. I'll PM you tonight (or tomorrow).

Stephin

Since I did not see a spreadsheet with the order info, I would appreciate it if you would tell me and atpsparty what you have ordered for us. We seem to be under the influence of home brew and need some guidance.

Thanks,

Sheldon

PS: I may be coming up on Friday with bdkelly and taking atpsparty's stuff.

atjsparty Breiss golden light DME 1
atjsparty Best Malz Pils 0.5
atjsparty CMC Wheat 0.5
sheldon Thomas Fawcets MO 0.5
sheldon CMC 2-row 1
sheldon MFB pils 1

did i miss something?

Back