• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB not so fancy SS RIMS tube/parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
I see them pop up every once and a while, figured I go hunting for parts.

Just looking for a RIMS tube with the following (all SS)
1.5" x 6" nipple
1.5" tee x2
1.5" to .5" brushing x3
1.5" to 1" brushing

1500w ULWD Element (that will fit into the tube)
SS Camlock style F x3
U-bolts to mount the tube

I would also be interested in buying these parts separately if anyone has anything lying around.

I just found a great source for 1.5" (or even 2") parts. PM me if you're interested and what you're looking to spend, I'll let you know if I can make it happen. I purchased a set myself and would be happy to pick-up and ship. Seems everything would fit in a Medium USPS flat rate. I can look into the element and u-bolts as well. Everything would be new, but at what seems to be a really good price.

I'm curious about your source ATJ, I'm looking to get my RIMs tube built soon and if you have a secret better than Murray, I would love to hear about it!

Backporchbrewery said:
I got all mine from (I think) buyfittingsonline

Just looked at this source, I can definitely get cheaper than that.
Seriously, not looking to make a bunch of money, just looking to pass on a nice find that few HBTers can get.

Let me know what people are interested in, PM me, and I can run up and ship out...until Tuesday. After Tuesday would take some persuasion/assistance from my mom or the in-laws. Or, a delay until I'm back in the area, no plans yet, but probably late March/early April.

S4N11/2X8 $13.14 x 1 = $13.14
S4T11/2 $14.70 x 2 = $29.40
S4B11/2X1/2 $5.93 x 3 =$17.79
S4B11/2X1 $5.50 x 1 = $5.50

Total $65.83
Web Discount*($1.32)

This is what I am looking at with Murray, but I haven't decided what length nipple to use yet. The element I currently have is about 13.5" long (4500w240v low density, to be run at 120v) but I might have to look into shorter elements as I also have 4" pt100's coming in the mail and I am concerned about fitting it all together. I hate to drop the coin only to say "oh ****."

That's about what I'm at, just a little more. Nipples and Tees are cheaper for me, but bushings are cheaper at Murrays.

Guess the biggest deal for me is no shipping and immediate access.

Which is awesome for you. My local suppliers would have to order the parts in and are more expensive than Murray, so I have to turn to the interwebs. Thanks for the offer boss! What lengths are you looking at using? How long is your element?

Back