GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the pilot last week. I liked it but SWMBO was unimpressed. So its likely going to be a brewday, lunch break, wife's gone, type show.

Anyone mention Hell on Wheels yet? I just watched the first 4 episodes and am hooked. Great show so far. Reminds me of Deadwood.

Get her to commit to like 5 episodes. Let her roll her eyes through as much as she watches. If she's not hooked on it by then, she may be an alien.

I have to agree about Breakng Bad. I started watching it last night and couldn't stop. Great show. I think my wife would like a lot of it but it's pretty 'rough' in places so I can understand why some people wouldn't get into it. The bathtub scene for example :eek:

jsguitar said:
I have to agree about Breakng Bad. I started watching it last night and couldn't stop. Great show. I think my wife would like a lot of it but it's pretty 'rough' in places so I can understand why some people wouldn't get into it. The bathtub scene for example :eek:

It's flat out amazing watching Bryan Cranston's character transformation across the seasons. There's a reason he's won Emmys for this show. Season 5 Walter White bears very little resembleance to Season 1 Walter White.

I love this show so much you could safely say I'm having a bromance with it..

I'd also like to showcase my official bromance with Breaking Bad on Netflix. I'm near the end of Season 2 and it is the most compelling show I've ever seen. I haven't gotten this nuts over TV since 'Lost' and 'Battlestar Galactica'.

I'd also like to showcase my official bromance with Breaking Bad on Netflix. I'm near the end of Season 2 and it is the most compelling show I've ever seen. I haven't gotten this nuts over TV since 'Lost' and 'Battlestar Galactica'.

its a god damned showmance. Get it right.

YES BSA was awesome.

Lost was great until you realized that they were letting retarded manatees make up the plot twists.

so, I've herd from a couple peep's that lost is a great series.. started watching last night and seemed interesting enough to watch the first 2.. I hope its not as big of a let down in the end as others have commented..

so, I've herd from a couple peep's that lost is a great series.. started watching last night and seemed interesting enough to watch the first 2.. I hope its not as big of a let down in the end as others have commented..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I effing HATE the makers of LOST. watched it sooooooo long just to learn that they had absolutely no grand plan and were making up every episode as they went and in the end had no where to go.

(actually I could have made up at least 4 different endings that were better than that steaming turd)

cheezydemon3 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I effing HATE the makers of LOST. watched it sooooooo long just to learn that they had absolutely no grand plan and were making up every episode as they went and in the end had no where to go.

(actually I could have made up at least 4 different endings that were better than that steaming turd)

I disagree. I thought the show was great from beginning to end. As for breaking bad, it is remarkable to me that the show up until now has taken place in the time frame on the show that it has. Walt's change was lightening fast which makes me wonder if he has actually changed, or if he had just been really good at hiding the Heisenberg side of him.

I disagree. I thought the show was great from beginning to end. As for breaking bad, it is remarkable to me that the show up until now has taken place in the time frame on the show that it has. Walt's change was lightening fast which makes me wonder if he has actually changed, or if he had just been really good at hiding the Heisenberg side of him.

I Loved LOST.

It seemed to have this incredibly complex plot building towards some epic end.

The writers bragged that they made everything up spur of the moment and had no clue what would happen next or how it would end...........and the end SUCKED.

cheezydemon3 said:
I Loved LOST.

It seemed to have this incredibly complex plot building towards some epic end.

The writers bragged that they made everything up spur of the moment and had no clue what would happen next or how it would end...........and the end SUCKED.

The first two seasons of lost I was telling everyone I knew "this show is amazing, you have to watch it".. By season four I was like "Nevermind"

Had amazing potential, but be latter seasons felt like the writers LOST their track (get it), and the finale was disappointingly say the least.

Right. so Buyer beware, we've said all there is.

Red Dawn my god what a celeb fest! I had forgotten that Martin Sheen and half the rest of the cast were in that movie. A bit dated, but stil worth watching.

Buried??? It is your opinion, so I will respect that. But I have to provide the opposition, the movie was so bad I turned it off, didn't even fall asleep to it, I flat out turned it off about 40 mins in...waste of my dollar at redbox. I don't turn movies off very often, this one was too hard to watch.

But what made it bad in your opinion? Did the acting suck? Did the dialogue suck? Did you get frustrated that things weren't going well?

You are one of few to be in agreement with me on this. My husband fell asleep halfway through watching this and wanted a 'synopsis.'

I provided him this:
'He's in a box. He's in a box. He's in a box. He remains in the box.'
SPOILER ALERT: 'You mean he dies in the box?'
'What do you think?'
'Huh. Like no one could see THAT coming. What a waste of a film.'
'Waste of film? Waste of Ryan Reynolds...' to which my husband laughed because he knows I think he's hot. :D

Were you looking for action? This movie does take place in a box, but it's not the scenery that matters. It's the psychological impact that this movie deals with. I think Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job showing the emotions and the traumatic stress his character went through.

I started to watch Pitmasters, the BBQ show. It's okay. Decent show if you like BBQ and need a timewaster. I tell you what though, the BBQ makes me hungry every time I see it.

Penguinetti said:
But what made it bad in your opinion? Did the acting suck? Did the dialogue suck? Did you get frustrated that things weren't going well?

Were you looking for action? This movie does take place in a box, but it's not the scenery that matters. It's the psychological impact that this movie deals with. I think Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job showing the emotions and the traumatic stress his character went through.

I started to watch Pitmasters, the BBQ show. It's okay. Decent show if you like BBQ and need a timewaster. I tell you what though, the BBQ makes me hungry every time I see it.

I think I just didn't care for it because it was the same scene the entire movie. I got bored of being in the box lol. every cut scene I thought, oh good, we will see something else....but no, it resumed in a different corner of the box. The acting was pretty good so I can't fault that. Just one of those movies I didn't care for.

Fair enough. I was just curious about the why.

I fully agree that a movie can be epic withouit action or even change of scenery.

LO is far from minimalist, but takes place in one circle for 95% of the movie. Bizarre little low budget plays put on by demons scroll in front of the main character, followed by one EPIC.......crap. Don't want to spoil it. If you trust my movie advice at all, check it out. AWESOME ending.

Sons of Anarchy isn't breaking bad or BSG, but it was definitely worth watching. Wish they would add some fracking episodes.

Sons of Anarchy isn't breaking bad or BSG, but it was definitely worth watching. Wish they would add some fracking episodes.

SoA is really good, bordering on great depending on the season.

Season 1 was really good, Season 2 was good and Season 3 was great, Season 4 honestly felt like it was building to a series ending event. I'm curious to see if they can keep it going in season 5 without it starting to get stale.

SoA is really good, bordering on great depending on the season.

Season 1 was really good, Season 2 was good and Season 3 was great, Season 4 honestly felt like it was building to a series ending event. I'm curious to see if they can keep it going in season 5 without it starting to get stale.

Only 3 seasons on netflix, right?

The new season, 5, starts in like 2 weeks. WTF???????????

I know they don't want to eff up dvd sales but WHO T F buys DVDs??????

Streaming is the only media I use anymore.

I bought the Big Bang Theory on DVD, i couldnt find it on any media streamer as with any CBS show ive looked for.

Saw The Devil's Double.

It was pretty good. I've heard there's some contention as to whether or not it actually happened. I don't care. It was a good movie.

I bought the Big Bang Theory on DVD, i couldnt find it on any media streamer as with any CBS show ive looked for.

I'm pretty sure Big Bang Theory is available on Amazon Prime Instant Streaming. $79/year or pay for seasons as you go. Something like that at least.

Not sure if anyone said this yet but the entire series of CHEERS! was added sometime last month.
I am sure this forum wouldn't mind watching reruns from very funny show about a bar.

Saw The Devil's Double.

It was pretty good. I've heard there's some contention as to whether or not it actually happened. I don't care. It was a good movie.

It was interesting. The 2 saddams playing tennis, Udey's double giving a speech that his brother said was too good for Udey to have done it.

I'm pretty sure Big Bang Theory is available on Amazon Prime Instant Streaming. $79/year or pay for seasons as you go. Something like that at least.

Interesting...

I already have Netflix and hulu plus don't need a third haha.

I effing deleted Hulu so fast I wasn't 2 hours into my free week. I am limited to the wii or smartphone, so really I am talking about the wii app, but seriously...NO BattleStar Galactica, No Walking Dead, No Sons of Anarchy, No POINT, eff that.

I haven't seen it mentioned; I had only seen a few parts of episodes in the past, but just last week starting watching from episode 1 season 1 Rescue Me...

I cannot get enough of it. Humor, drama, social commentary, moments of poignancy and depravity, some quality acting performances, interesting twists... I am going to keep watching. Just started Season 3...

I effing deleted Hulu so fast I wasn't 2 hours into my free week. I am limited to the wii or smartphone, so really I am talking about the wii app, but seriously...NO BattleStar Galactica, No Walking Dead, No Sons of Anarchy, No POINT, eff that.

I watched all of Community then cancelled. They contacted me back for another 2 weeks free.

I re-watched Community, then cancelled.

I watched all of Community then cancelled. They contacted me back for another 2 weeks free.

I re-watched Community, then cancelled.

That's showing them!

I was interested until I read that Hulu Plus still had commercials. A pay to stream service where I had to sit through their ads? No thanks.

Big Lebowski is streaming right now...which is nice since that is the best movie ever made.

Damages is a solid TV series.

Restrepo is outstanding.

Everest: Beyond the Limit is a great documentary...

Natural Born Killers : If it's been a while since you've watched it then you owe it to yourself to watch it again

Battle Royale a bunch of teenagers killing each other on an island. It's awesome

United States of Tara is an excellent TV series...

I may have mentioned some of these before but I don't feel like going back to see what I posted

Peep Show - quirky/funny English sitcom about a paranoid nerd and his slacker roommate 40+ episodes.

X Files - 200 episodes

Cropsey - spooky documentary filmed on Staten Island

Audition - effed up Japanese horror by Takahashi Miike. Slow for the first 40 mins and then madness.

Santa Sangre - like a bad acid trip. disturbing and surreal.

Safe Men - about two guys who accidentally become safe crackers, funny/amusing.

Black Death - adventure from the dark ages

Breakout Kings - a series about US Marshals who enlist the services of prisoners to help capture bad guys who breakout of jail

Kill the Irishman - true story about a 1970s Irish mobster who ran Cleveland. Authentic.

Naked Lunch - surreal film by Cronenberg based on a Willam S Burroughs novel

Back