Ok so I am a beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkroger

Reaction score
I have an american ale under my carboy belt... now I also have a weizen the Weizen is young I kegged it after two weeks in the primary.. it has been kegged for about a week or so... I drew a sample today to taste and it is rather disappointing but I figure it will age a little bit in the keg in the next two weeks and be OK the American I sampled myself finally :D and was very satisfied with the taste it is much better than the typical american beers I have had! Very happy with it but it has been in the keg for about 3 weeks...

I brewed a Hef for my second or third batch back in the day and I had the same reaction. My first batches tasted good right away and I expected the same for my Hef. I let it sit and chill in the keg for another week or so and the difference was amazing. I don't know what it is about wheat, but it likes to take it's time.

Glad to hear about your success. :cool:

I will have patience Grasshopper! :D I just got my Irish Red in the primary the Weizen ages the 442 Pils continues to condition as well... Can't wait I have a root beer in a keg too...

Back