Online ordering rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
So i ordered a used keg, and 4 regulators plus some high pressure hose for my future kegging system. I ordered on January 13th, they said its usually 2 or 3 business days to ship, i picked UPS ground. well a week went by and i hadn't seen it yet, and i never got an email from UPS as they said i should (plus i always get them when ordering from AHBS/Northernbrewer and such). well i email them back, i get nothing, i call and get ahold of the owner, who was on the road, said he call the warehouse and have it checked out, and i should email them and put something in the subject line like "used keg and regualtors". do that and i still hear nothing. so i call the owner back on friday (23rd), he was on his way back, doesnt know why i didnt get an email from UPS or i haven't seen it yet. i check my credit card, it was billed the day after my order (14th). so now i'm thinking A) something was backordered and they charged me anyway, B) it shipped and someone took it from my front porch.

i should be hearing from them today...as of 12:45 i havne't seen an email or got a call from them. i'll give them today, call tomorrow, but tomorrow it'll be a full 2 weeks since i ordered. just starting to get a little upset, waiting to find out what the UPS tracking number is (if they shipped it), or to find out if they have stuff on back order.

if you've had stuff like this happen to you, what have you done about it?

I have not had problems like yours but would like to congratulate you on not referencing which supplier you used and going through the proper channels before coming here for actual advice. Well done!!!
:mug:

I hope this gets resolved for you.

I think everyone has an online ordering horror story. It's best to be patient, although it's not easy. Or you can do like I do and rant and rave and kick and scream like a baby until it arrives.:D

I will wager money this was from KegKits.com wasnt it? The issues you are having sound like many complaints posted on this forum about them. For their sake, I hope it wasnt, but it sounds all too familiar.

I have not had problems like yours but would like to congratulate you on not referencing which supplier you used and going through the proper channels before coming here for actual advice. Well done!!!

I agree, it is not ethical to call someone or a vendor out for a single offense or an honest mistake. But if it is indeed kegkits.com, they have had several instances like this and others have posted on here for the betterment of the forum members and have advised to use at your own risk. This isnt the first time this has happened. I like to think we, collectively, look out for each other when it comes to ordering online. There is a reason that Midwest, Northern, Austin Homebrew, Williams, etc, consistently get listed as homebrew supply stores of choice.

It is Kegkits.com, and i should have done a search for them on HBT before ordering, save myself the trouble.

I'll be bugging the crap out of them now until i get my stuff or my money back. all else fails turn to my credit card company (i can do that right?!?!). anyway, thanks everyone.

I will wager money this was from KegKits.com wasnt it? The issues you are having sound like many complaints posted on this forum about them. For their sake, I hope it wasnt, but it sounds all too familiar.

I agree, it is not ethical to call someone or a vendor out for a single offense or an honest mistake. But if it is indeed kegkits.com, they have had several instances like this and others have posted on here for the betterment of the forum members and have advised to use at your own risk. This isnt the first time this has happened. I like to think we, collectively, look out for each other when it comes to ordering online. There is a reason that Midwest, Northern, Austin Homebrew, Williams, etc, consistently get listed as homebrew supply stores of choice.

Yes, if the merchant didn't provide the service and won't refund your money, you can challenge the charge. Just make sure you have as much info about the transaction as possible.

sweet, thanks. i've kept pretty good records of it, as far as emails/phone calls.

Back