2 new taphandle labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNate

Reaction score
I kind of like how these turned out. Hope I'm not breaking any rules of etiquette by posting more than one, but I've been in a taphandle making frenzy over the past couple of weeks.

Label-AmericanAmber.gif

Label-Helles.gif

Love that first one. Of course I just finished watching the John Adams miniseries so that may have something to do with it.

:tank:

They look great, except I can't make out the name of the beer on the second one, and I can barely make out lager...perhaps consider outlining those in black...

But overall they are cool!

I really like the first one. Is it similar to what you use when you bottle?

+1 on the second one being hard to read. Changing the lettering colour to black may help, or it may make it too dark... Either way I'd have a look?

I think I would at least outline it in dark just to see if it will be more legible that way. I like the design though. I think it would stick out more though with the darker outline.

:tank:

Well, these two are already done so short of remaking the tap handle it is what it is. I agree that it's hard to read, though. These gifs got a little crunchy, too... it's not that bad on the finished product.

Oh, and +1 on the John Adams intro... That was my inspiration for that design. I'm glad that came through.

I'll dig around and see if I can get a good pic of the finished handle. Oh, and I don't bottle much but when I do the labels look nothing like this. I go with rectangular labels and I usually come up with a more personalized name.

Edit: cleaned up the resolution on the Helles label

Here's what it looks like as a finished product if anyone's interested. It's tough to shoot a close-up of these because of the gloss, but it's better than nothing.

IMG_1022.jpg

Those tap handles are pretty slick... How did you attach the designs to the wood?

They're decoupaged on with Mod Podge, then a few coats of glossy spar urethane. The mod podge affixes them to the wood and protects them from the urethane.

Back