Glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Borracho

Reaction score
Hi folks.. I've noticed a lot of you have some really nice glasses for your beer. I started doing a search and found this on BA: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware.php

I have pint glasses that have ridges on the inside of them, so lately I've opted for a large smooth glass I have it's like a pint glass shape but about 50% bigger.

I'm the only beer drinker in my home, I have one friend who appreciates a good brew. Most everyone else only drinks Bud Light or Miller Light or when they feel fancy some Corona - blech.

I would like a pair of glasses of the most commonly used glasses, can you guys suggest what I would need..

I'm really hoping someone can point out a place that actually sells a set, or various sets?

Check locally, you may find good beer glass. Or you can check online, but I've found they charge way too much for glasses.

Pretty much all you will need is a couple of Nonic's (the ale glasses with the bulge at the top 2/3 of the glass). Or a couple of "American pint" glasses, or both.

I've bought mine at World Market mostly due to the fact that they had Imperial Pint (20 oz) Nonik glasses, and Dead Guy Ale American pints.

There is another issue, are you drinking from 12oz bottles or 22? If you use primarily 12 oz bottles look for the 12oz glasses.

If you want to get real hard core you can honestly get a "proper" style of glass for every beer style you can imagine, from Weizen glasses, to tulips for pilzner, to chalices for Belgium's.

Anyways here is a decent online store, but I'm sure you should be able to find the style you want locally for a lot cheaper.

http://www.truebeer.com/Nonik-Glass-12-oz_p_0-297.html

Good luck.

I don't really know the difference in types of glasses but I got some Weizen glasses that hold about 20oz at the local Dollar Tree. Saw the same ones online for $4-$5 a pop.

I've been converting all the glassware in our house to standard American pint glasses, since they can be stacked and take up less space in the cabinets. I also bought some goblets at Target for when I want to concentrate the aromas a bit more, like on a Belgian or a nice IPA. My favorite glasses, though, are some cute little (10 ounce, half pint) Samual Smith pub glasses, with the bulge. Just means that I have to fill a little more often!

I know it's not exactly "correct", but I use belgian goblets (Lucifer, Club-footed) for pretty much everything. I have some taller, more slender, stemmed glasses from Unibroue that I use sometimes as well, but I really just love how the goblets concentrate the nose.

I get mine from globalbeer. They have an awesome selection.

the_bird said:
I've been converting all the glassware in our house to standard American pint glasses, since they can be stacked and take up less space in the cabinets. I also bought some goblets at Target for when I want to concentrate the aromas a bit more, like on a Belgian or a nice IPA. My favorite glasses, though, are some cute little (10 ounce, half pint) Samual Smith pub glasses, with the bulge. Just means that I have to fill a little more often!

American Pint Glasses are 16oz right? Just enough for a 12oz brew +head...

What are those "cute little" cups called? I use those when I go to the bar and grab a pitcher. I move fast through the pitcher, but this way the beer is colder in the glass longer/shorter :D

Nice link Evan, that's the spot.

Well I have a belgian blonde in the keg right now and tried pouring it into a normal pint glass comma a guinness shaped glass comma a pilsner glass all of them I get no carbonation even with having it at 15psi for a week. I try my chimay glass and BAM carbonation. The glass really helps in the style.

I really like the new Samuel Adams glasses.

glass.jpg

Back