destin/ft walton/pensacola area folks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
i'll be headed down there wednesday and i am looking for some beer info. last time, i went to Chan's Wine World in destin and found a very nice selection of brews. i also saw Four Winds in pensacola on beeradvocate. any other suggestions?

I heard they were selling all their beer in oil cans:p

What? Too soon?

Definitely a couple of places to hit up.

Fourwinds has a good selection of beer and belgians.

HopJacks Pizza in downtown Pensacola is a decent place to go to and if you make it tonight after 7PM they have 3$ anything for the most part. They have a good selection of beer but their service and server beer knowledge is pretty terrible. The only reason I would recommend going there is for the beer selection, and pizza.

Richies East is a liquor store in the same four-plex which has good prices on a decent selection of craft brews.

McGuire's Irish Pub (Destin OR Pensacola). Both are a really good time and the beers are fantastic. If you drop in during the day in Pensacola you will typically see Mike Helf (Brewmaster) working his magic in there. I have been to McGuire's 20+ times and have yet to have a bad meal there yet as well so definitely try some food if you're hungry.

Chan's Wine World has a decent beer selection and even some stuff you can't obtain over here (Such as Avery Brewing Products).

That unfortunately is about all we got over here that in my opinion is worth a damn. If I had decent beer on tap i'd invite ya over for a pint but as of now I have 10 gallons of garbage in my kegerator due to a yet to be figured out brewery issue.

great. i've been to mcguire's (a long time ago), but i didn't realize they brewed their own beers. i've now added that to my list. i always have to stock up on brew when i travel to louisiana, florida, or tennessee. so i'll check out a few of these places and try to find the best bootlegging stock.

PS: i'll be taking what's left of my 12% DIPA to enjoy on the beach!

A cool little "hole in the wall" place near Santa Rosa Beach, called "The Red Bar" is worth visiting. Not real sure about their beer offerings, though. When I was there last, I was just drinking BMC.

http://www.theredbar.com/

hukdizzle hit most of the Pensacola spots. Another tiny spot with a ton of beers is the Wisteria Tavern on 12th Avenue just south where Fairfield merges. Tiny is a key word here.

Brews Brothers on the west side has a larger than average beer menu.

McGuires has contracted their Irish Red out and can be found in just about any liquor store in town. Some have claimed it's better than the already fantastic in-house brew.

hukdizzle hit most of the Pensacola spots. Another tiny spot with a ton of beers is the Wisteria Tavern on 12th Avenue just south where Fairfield merges. Tiny is a key word here.

Brews Brothers on the west side has a larger than average beer menu.

McGuires has contracted their Irish Red out and can be found in just about any liquor store in town. Some have claimed it's better than the already fantastic in-house brew.

Lol Brews Brothers last January had one of the two kegs of HopSlam in Pensacola and if you went during lunch time on a weekday all DOMESTIC draft beer on tap was 2$ a pint.... 2$ for a pint of HOPSLAM!? I went there every chance I could for lunch until the keg was kicked lol. I recently there for a UFC fight night with some people and found their service/beer knowledge to be mediocre to sub par. Their beer selection is decent but the wall is dominated by the typical BMC beer.

Another bar that I have become quite fond of is the End O' The Alley bar which is in Rosie O' Grady's/Seville. While their selection is small, they typically have a decent selection of beer on tap. I was there this past Friday and found that they had Southern Tier IPA on tap as well as Victory Prima Pils.

well, the bars (except for mcguire's maybe) are really not an option since i'll be going everywhere with my little nephews (4 and 8). i'm mainly looking for retail stores to stock up on goodies to bring back home.

OTOH, i'll be in ft. walton on june 18-19 for a graduation and a wedding. no kiddies then! maybe i can talk the swmbo into a little barhopping.

i just noticed that there are 4 different wine worlds between destin and miramar beach. do they all have the same selection or should i try 2 or 3 different ones?

well, the bars (except for mcguire's maybe) are really not an option since i'll be going everywhere with my little nephews (4 and 8). i'm mainly looking for retail stores to stock up on goodies to bring back home.

OTOH, i'll be in ft. walton on june 18-19 for a graduation and a wedding. no kiddies then! maybe i can talk the swmbo into a little barhopping.

Hopjacks is a bar but it's a pizza joint as well, the atmosphere is fine during the day.

Lol Brews Brothers last January had one of the two kegs of HopSlam in Pensacola and if you went during lunch time on a weekday all DOMESTIC draft beer on tap was 2$ a pint.... 2$ for a pint of HOPSLAM!? I went there every chance I could for lunch until the keg was kicked lol. I recently there for a UFC fight night with some people and found their service/beer knowledge to be mediocre to sub par. Their beer selection is decent but the wall is dominated by the typical BMC beer.

Another bar that I have become quite fond of is the End O' The Alley bar which is in Rosie O' Grady's/Seville. While their selection is small, they typically have a decent selection of beer on tap. I was there this past Friday and found that they had Southern Tier IPA on tap as well as Victory Prima Pils.

Brews Brothers just had a management shift, I believe. They are definitely getting better about the knowledge. I've never had a problem with service. Also, they support the brew club by giving us a place to meet a couple times a year.

I haven't been to End O' The Alley, but I think I'll check out now that I know they are serving Southern Tier. Victory Brewing just had a couple in-town promotions earlier this month at Wisteria and Seville, so I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of their product in the area.

I don't have any knowledge about Wine World.

Latest posts

Back