Sponsored by a brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUD

Reaction score
has anybody ever been sponsored by a brewery for the gabf?

my local brewpub brewer brought it up today. he said he could sponsor me and we'd brew a small batch at the brewery for the festival. what do i do?
i'm thinking about doing a red ale since i've done one with his house yeast before.

sooooo excited!

I need to get on what i want to brew pretty quickly! it's good timing since i only have about 2 gallons of home brew left to drink.

has anybody ever been sponsored by a brewery for the gabf?

my local brewpub brewer brought it up today. he said he could sponsor me and we'd brew a small batch at the brewery for the festival. what do i do?
i'm thinking about doing a red ale since i've done one with his house yeast before.

sooooo excited!

Sounds like the Pro Am competition. The beer has to have placed at a competition and been brewed by an AHA member, I believe.

Remilard is correct. We discussed this at our local homebrew club meeting last night. One of our members is a commercial brewer and he agreed to sponsor someone for the gabf ProAm. The requirement is threefold, the beer has to have won at an AHA sanctioned competition, has to be brewed by an AHA member and has to be (or have been) commercially available.

In our case, we have a few members are are going to brew up some batches and enter them in a contest that is coming up shortly. If they win, they will brew up a batch to be sold at the brewpub and move forward with the ProAm.

where do i go to find the competitions? so ya'll are saying i'd have to win a competiton then sell the beer at the pub? oh, and sign up for AHA!
i need to get busy!

thanks for the info

i just went on the site. ska is having a aha competition next week. poop! i'll have to look for another. i live in a really small town.

looks like i might shoot for next year. i've been looking for people to brew with for awhile. soo beer lonely.

Back