Livin' the craft beer dream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barroomhero1234

Reaction score
So at family's house for the holidays, and being in my Quebec area I miss out on the craft brew everyone talks about. This being the first time I trek over the border since I gained appreciation for craft beer. Today 54 dollars later I left with:
-Stone Ruination IPA
-Sierra Nevada Porter
-Sierra Nevada pale ale
-Anchor steam beer
-Not so American craft Guinness Extra stout
I have made my way through a few, everythings getting better. Amazed at the IBU's on Ruination gotta love it.
Anyone got other recommendations I should try I got 2 weeks of beer heaven.

:mug: :ban:

So much beer, so little time. If you liked Ruination, make sure to try Dogfish Head 90 Minute IIPA. Try the 60 Minute for something more sessionable.

What do you mean, "trek over the border"? You're in the US for the holidays?
Anyways, if you're from Montreal like your description says then dont miss out Dieu Du Ciel brewery on Laurier street just at the corner of st-Laurent blvd.!

Home

happy holidays

Yes i am in South Carolina for 2 weeks

And i looked for some Dogfish head stuff but i did not find any, maybe on my next run.

So much beer, so little time. If you liked Ruination, make sure to try Dogfish Head 90 Minute IIPA. Try the 60 Minute for something more sessionable.

Hm. I don't like Ruination or 90 Minute. However, I LOVE Stone IPA and DFH 120. Have to always mention North Coast Red Seal in my favorites.:tank:

Yes i am in South Carolina for 2 weeks

And i looked for some Dogfish head stuff but i did not find any, maybe on my next run.

Where abouts in South Carolina? Good Luck with the Dogfish Head Beer here. I've looked all over the area and have found no such luck. In Fact the only time i have had it was in Ohio. There maybe some in in the bigger areas such as Columbia and Charelston though. I did find some Arragant Bastard Oaked ale and i would say give that a try.

Anyways if your around the area I've been known to knock a couple back.:tank:

Don't you drink Unibroue in Montreal? It's my all-time favorite non-homebrew! Trois Pistoles is great.

Yeah unibroue is everywhere, not a huge fan of the ones i have tried.
Thanks for the recommendation guys, i will keep my eyes open for mentioned ones.

I wish I knew what was available in SC. I would give you 100 suggestions if you came to CA.

If you see anything Slesmith or Green Flash, pick it up. Neither disappoint and there's a chance they could be out there.

if you can find it, Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA, and their Hop Rod Rye are excellent, Anderson Valley's Oatmeal Stout, Anything by Alesmith, Stone's Oaked Arrogant Bastard.....man I could go on forever!

interesting... i didnt knew SC was "craft beer heaven" :)

I've heard of Portland being a beer heaven too....

anyways, good luck, and dont forget to visit Dieu Du Ciel! when you come back in Montreal! :D

if you can find it, Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA, and their Hop Rod Rye are excellent, Anderson Valley's Oatmeal Stout, Anything by Alesmith, Stone's Oaked Arrogant Bastard.....man I could go on forever!

Isn't California amazing? I could go for some racer 5 right now.

Don't you drink Unibroue in Montreal? It's my all-time favorite non-homebrew! Trois Pistoles is great.

Unibroue is great, but believe me it is the most commercial and big-scale microbrew of that region, many gems to be found with the smaller micro-breweries of Quebec...

please excuse the thread hijack, i miss Montreal deeply... :off:

interesting... i didnt knew SC was "craft beer heaven" :)

I've heard of Portland being a beer heaven too....

anyways, good luck, and dont forget to visit Dieu Du Ciel! when you come back in Montreal! :D

It was heaven after the time, 55 dollars later you can get pretty druk!

Back