Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of mine. Tallahatchie Brewing Company out of New Albany, Mississippi. Trying to stick with a Southern theme. Got a lot of inspiration from modernlifeisANDY's labels.

Ancient Oak American Barleywine.jpg

Buckshot IPA.jpg

Old Bayou Nut Brown Ale.jpg

Sweet Magnolia Wheat.jpg

Brewed two mini-kegs of this for our Blazonctoberfest (company is Blazonco) event today. It was a big hit!

In case the text is unreadable:
"A guy drinks a Shock Top and hates it, and you think that of ME?
No. I AM the one who Shocks.

HEFEWEIZENBERG is a decidedly American wheat beer with
a hint of orange, a blast of Noble and Cascade hops, and a clean
American finish.

Its extra bitterness makes it almost like a wheaten pale ale, but its
young wheat haziness make it technically a Hefe.

At a mere 4.5% ABV, it's quite sessionable - so drink up. Don't
be shy; we'll cook another batch.

Let us know what you thought at http://high-brau.com"

This is amazing!!!!!!!

This is amazing!!!!!!!

Thanks! Nobody seemed to get the joke, but everyone liked the beer (which was dead simple, recipe follows - not sure if it's more of a Wit or a Hefe but either way it's real tasty and sessionable). It was up against Kostritzer and Bitburger, and we kicked both mini-kegs of my homebrew and the others still had a bit left by the end.

HEFEWEIZENBERG
2.75 Gallon batch

~3 Gal spring water
0.5 oz Hallertauer leaf / 45 Min
0.3 oz Sweet Orange Peel / 5 min
3.15 lb NB Wheat LME / Flameout
5-6 Oz Orange Blossom Honey / Flameout
Handful of Cascade leaf (probably about .5-1 Oz) / Flameout

1 packet Danstar BRY-97 rehydrated, pitched at 60 F
Fermented at 62-65 F for 3 weeks
Kegged into two mini-kegs for a yield of 2.6 Gal and force carbed

Our first AHA event was this year in Grand Rapids, MI. The group brew was, appropriately enough, Beer City IPA. The daughter-in-law did all the art work.

947302_272597919544258_1951951723_n.jpg

We had 8 beers to offer. Our Imperial Rum Stout ran out in just a couple hours. Lots of fun! Can't wait for next year... Grand Rapids will be hosting the AHA convention. :mug:

486788_276131185857598_1154966738_n.jpg

Our first AHA event was this year in Grand Rapids, MI. The group brew was, appropriately enough, Beer City IPA. The daughter-in-law did all the art work.

We had 8 beers to offer. Our Imperial Rum Stout ran out in just a couple hours. Lots of fun! Can't wait for next year... Grand Rapids will be hosting the AHA convention. :mug:

I think I had your Kona coffee stout there. Good times!

Here are a couple of mine. Tallahatchie Brewing Company out of New Albany, Mississippi. Trying to stick with a Southern theme. Got a lot of inspiration from modernlifeisANDY's labels.

I love these. I'm from coastal SC, so we had those same huge oaks covered in Spanish moss. Great labels!

I'm bottling a New Glarus Fat Squirrel clone today. My friend suggested Chubby Chipmunk for a name. Here is my labelizer submission.

good-chubby-chipmunk-61283.jpg

I love these. I'm from coastal SC, so we had those same huge oaks covered in Spanish moss. Great labels!

Thanks! I've really gotten into label design and it is actually way easier than I thought it would be. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need some ideas or help with label designs. Also, here's my brewery logo (my rough draft, at least):

Test Logo.jpg

My cream ale label. It was my first attempt to use inkscape, I've been using GIMP up to now. I gotta say, I really like inkscape, it's super easy to use, and has a ton of built in filters and stuff to play with.

Loving all these amazing open source programs!

1x6h.png

Would anyone know where I can pick up some vectors of the glassware recommendations to include in my labels?

Sure. Do a google image search for the type of glassware you're looking for plus "vector"

"snifter vector"
"pint glass vector"

I found quite a few good ones with those.

Nothing too fancy, but I like it.

ABV and details aren't included yet, but will be soon. :p

Bottle Label.jpg

is there a good program and paper that you guys use to make your labels and make them stick... I used reg paper / glue stick and clear lacquer spray - in '99 (see above ► New Mortar Porter's- :)
===================
EDIT
well - nevermind I'll just go to the label info forum !

is there a good program and paper that you guys use to make your labels and make them stick... I used reg paper / glue stick and clear lacquer spray - in '99 (see above ► New Mortar Porter's- :)
===================
EDIT
well - nevermind I'll just go to the label info forum !

I use 32 lb basic paper and apply my labels with milk. Just brush some on the label and apply to a clean bottle. Use a damp cloth to smooth the label and clean off any excess. Works like a charm.

I like using milk too. Quick, easy, and I've always got some on hand. Does'nt smell at all so dont worry about that. And plus, just a minute or two in some water and the labels come right off.

My first time creating a label without beerlabilizer.com. I am doing a label for a new dubbel that I'm still fermenting. I am using inkscape. Let me know your thoughts because it is my first and is not finished. The numbers below the name are not real, just for show until I bottle the ale, thanks!

bitmap.jpg

I like it...I would maybe drop a shadow or stroke the font to make it stand out a bit more...really cool though. :rockin::rockin:

My attempt for my first label. It's for a mead I am making. I bought "label" paper from midwest brewing, but it isn't gummed? It looks like regular paper to me.. I am new to this obviously!

Harvest's Kiss Label - 2014.jpg

Back