How many beers in a day is considered too many?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the answer will depend heavily on which forum you ask it.

IMO - Your consumption is no different than mine or my friends...I work out regularly and eat healthy, so I see no problem. (All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy)

I think you have a problem on Monday thru Friday.

Try these folks for the other extreme..

http://www.aa.org

Focus and motivation is what I lose when I drink too much. I don't feel like getting on the trainer. I like to train in the morning and after 3 beers the night before it makes it easier to talk myself out of exercise.
I think we all have different red flags.

How many beers is considered too much in one day? Am I a ****ing alcoholic?

I have often asked myself the same question and have come up with a foolproof test that I use every 30~... days.

1, If you burn out your breathalyzer the next morning after brushing your teeth.

2, If you forget your spouses name more than twice a day.

3, If you forget your name more than once a day.

4, If you sleep just as well on your front lawn as you do in your bed.

5, Your spouse won't sleep with you.

6, your dog won't sleep with you

7, If when writing a check you need to ask the cashier “What year is this?”

( And the all-time classic)

8, If you wake up naked in a police cruiser ,,, and you are driving.

Cheers,
Nostrovia,

(burp)

pete

For the past year or so, I've been having 1-2 a day, sometimes 3. Depends on how much room is needed in the fridge for groceries :p

Girlfriend has had the conversation with me. To her, 1 a day is "being an alcoholic," which definitely makes this hobby a challenge at times. She hates the smell of brewing, so I can't get her involved, which kills off that idea.

In the end, I feel as though 1-3 a day is acceptable, without it being harmful to my health. I take some days off every other week mainly just to balance out any potential negative effects.

However, I do want to make a note. With the high gravity trend in craft beer, I'm having a hard time enjoying a new beer every day without running into things around 8-10%.

TLDR; 1-3 a day, a week without alcohol every once in a while

I have one a day, maybe two on weekend days.

Of course they're 64oz's each. But seriously folks.

I actually do try to limit to 1-2 per day. I'm trying to keep the weight down, and too much beer over time gives me the gout.

Anyone here ever get the gout? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Speaking of the smell of brewing. My wife and a girlfriend of ours says it smells like rabbit food. They're both cool with the brewing hobbies of their husbands. They just think it smells like rabbit food.

When you're paying $2 to get drunk worry about it. If you're buying a 6 of craft beer and only getting drunk on the weekends don't worry about it, getting a little buzzed after work doesn't count.

As some others have said it's not the quantity, per se. It's that your fiancee thinks it's a problem. That means it's an issue that has to be dealt with. Telling her, in so many words, to suck it up probably isn't going to bode well for you and your future wife.

Few years ago I would down a 30 pack of beer in one day. A Saturday could easily see 2-30 packs. This was every day pretty much for probably 2 or 3 months. I'd drive everywhere with a case sitting in the passenger seat, throwing the empties as I finished them in the bed of the truck and popping a new one.

That to me was to much. I finally decided that it and to prove I wasn't an alcoholic stopped for 2 months. That was a hard 2 weeks (never made it 2 months).

I know guys who still do that same amount every day. 30 pack is brought to work and drank throughout the day. Then they may drink another dozen or so when they get home or go party that night.

So, your 3 or 4 is nothing. Currently I'm typically in the 2 or 3 per night. Sometimes none, sometimes more. Probably averages at 2

Hehehe...well, the assumption was he wants to stay involved since she is fiancee. One way or another though it'll have to be dealt with.

I'm a nocturnal EMT (red eyes).

I get home and have a beer at 7:30am. Every morning. I typically check in to said beer on untappd. I had a friend stage an intervention, he didn't put two and two together that my 7:30am was his 5:30pm.

Typically I have 2-3 a day. Maybe 5-6 on a weekend (Mon-Wed). Hard to really tell. When I started keeping multiples on tap I realized I enjoy 6-8oz glasses at a time, sometimes less. Variety is the space of life.

I will NEVER put my uniform on blowing over a .02. EVER. I will never climb in the rig over a .00. I have a breathalizer and I take it seriously. That let's me know I don't have a problem.

Back