Anyone interested in opening a BrewPub - East of DFW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3e871

Reaction score
I know the market is ripe for a nice little brewpub in my town - Rockwall, TX. I just need some partners to help me get something started!

I live in Rowlett and my Inlaws are in Rockwall. I would volunteer time if you started something. Sounds like fun!

No money to burn here unfortunatley. But my brother lives in Rowlett and I'm over there a lot so we would at least give patronage. Good luck! If you find investors, point them my way for the pub I want to open in McKinney!

A lot of nice sub divisions out here east of Dallas.

Here is your biggest most gigantic problem.

The

Flying

Saucer

I mean, its RIGHT THERE offa i30. If there was no Flying Saucer there the market would be even better. They would be a big competitor.

However, if you rented space on The Harbor, like next to Glorias that might get a lot of business.

How do you "know" the market is ripe?

I'd like to say I've done my due diligence and market surveys; but really I just "have a hunch" that a nice little brew pub is going to pop up here and be a hit; and I'm going to kick myself for sitting on my hands!

However, if you rented space on The Harbor, like next to Glorias that might get a lot of business.

I have heard the reason for the vacancies in the harbor is due to extraordinarily expensive rent, but I have no first hand knowledge.

I was thinking of a much smaller scale, like a small shop in the square, i.e a "nano" brewery.

I am a decent cook (I do all the cooking for my wife) too.

What kind of pub food were you thinking?

I know nothing about the restaurant business; I was hoping to find a partner that has experience in that arena. I believe there are some rules about food income vs. alcohol income; but haven't nailed that part down yet.

I agree that being somewhere other than the harbor is the way to go. Around the square would be sweet, but I dont know anything about placing a business somewhere. However... total future patron.

I am in Lubbock on business tonight and of course searched out the only brew pub in town, the Triple J Chophouse. I asked around at the bar and was lucky enough to meet with one of the owners. He is more of a restaurant guy, not a beer guy, but offered me some great information on the brewpub business in Texas. I'm coming back to town with a little more ammo in my bag!

So, Did you ever get any partners? I don't know much about
Rockwall but I would think a "Nano" would be too small. You would
Be brewing your ass off to keep up with demand. Probably at minimum
you would need 7bbl system. I've been to Triple J in Lubbock myself
since my daughter goes to school there. Food is good, beer is ok.

No partners yet. My dreams are on the back burner currently as everyone I know is struggling to pay the bills.

The brewpub business is a good idea but they are so limited on what they can do. They can not distribute to retailers. And if your in Rockwall you will need that money coming in I am sure. The rent on the harbor is out of this world. That's what happened to blue canyon.. And paradise burger... I wish you luck in your venture and if you ever decide to just open a micro brewery give me a shout. We are in the planning process of one now and could always use a hand or a partner.

The brewpub business is a good idea but they are so limited on what they can do. They can not distribute to retailers. And if your in Rockwall you will need that money coming in I am sure. The rent on the harbor is out of this world. That's what happened to blue canyon.. And paradise burger... I wish you luck in your venture and if you ever decide to just open a micro brewery give me a shout. We are in the planning process of one now and could always use a hand or a partner.

it isnt 503 in sherman is it?

I'm not Jeremy, I was just correcting the brewery name and giving the link to his FB page in case anyone was interested.

ahhh, whats up Jeremy! im john, in case you didnt know! fancy seeing you on here!

how was the rest of the day at peticolas?

Back