Sanke keggle candidate too rough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislehr

Reaction score
I just got a free keg that has been in a friends yard for a few years... I think the bottom might be in too rough a shape. It wobbles when it is sitting on the driveway and you can rock it about 20 degrees.

I'd love to have another keggle, but I don't know.. this one might be too far gone :(

If you are going electric, flip it upside down and make the bottom the top and cut out the bottom. 2" tri-clover fitting for the sankey connector and you're in business.

I have one slightly bowed out at the bottom. Not an issue on my stand at all. Only time you would notice is on a flat surface. Plus it gives you a slightly large capacity.

how about trading it in for a new keg and mod it when you are done?

If you can get a different brand (owner name on keg) name plus the barcode past who you rented the keg from for your deposit more power to ya.
Same thing with the Firestone keg in good condition I have, haven't found a person that wants matching Firestone kegs to do a swap for a A Bush keg.
I turned in this Firestone keg 3 years ago and was denied deposit unless I returned the correct keg. That idea was already tested with failure.

Any kegs handy to pick up for brewing in S.J.?

I have noticed if you try to bring it in as a trade in over trying to get deposit money for it they are more likely to wave the deposit fee on a fresh keg. Of course it has been years since I have done this, so for all I know they are a bit stricter now. BevMo might be a good place to try. Maybe even Safeway (order it in advance and bring your shell with you when you pick it up). I doubt someone at Safeway would give you too much flak.

Back