Valve recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bixter1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good 12 vdc valve (or any valve for that matter)? I have been using solenoids from duda diesel and they are AWEFUL. Just caused me a batch of beer!

Im going with a 3 way version. B315+TR24-3-T. Slow swing, 90 seconds but it's beer. it doesnt have to be fast! It has the largest CV of the 1/2 valves and uses 24vac (which I have plenty of)

They were diaphragm type solenoids. Any piece of grain in the system will keep them from closing. They need 12V @2.7Amp which is quite high and they could not stop any back pressure. They were $30 cheaper but I needed 10 of them with a bunch of swing check valves compared to 5 3-way valves. They also need to be disassembled and cleaned after every use. Now the 3-way valves need 95 seconds to open/close compared to being instant for the solenoids but I would point out the Belimo when closed is closed in both directions. Always 50/50 for the solenoids.

If you use the Belimo ball valves you can remove the "CV" rating disk for unrestricted flow through valve, a pair of snap ring pliers and a couple minutes to remove.

Latest posts

Back