Anyone Have A Good Coffee Soda Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Technobob

Reaction score
I love coffee soda but it's so hard to find in retail stores I want to make my own. Does anyone have a good recipe they can share. I have tried using LorAnn coffee flavouring but it's a fake flavour although it was tasty. I've also tried instant coffee but the flavour tasted more like fizzy stale coffee.

Start by cold-steeping coarsely ground coffee in 4 parts water for 12 hours. Room temperature is fine, but it will work in the fridge. Then filter using a French press or standard filters. The steeped coffee can be mixed with 2-3 parts cold water/milk/soy and sweetened to taste. Then bottle and carbonate. Alternately, sweeten the mix and add it to carbonated water.

I'll give that a try, is there a type of coffee that works best like light, medium, dark roast or is just a matter of taste.

I used to brew coffee soda using yeast. Sometimes it was REALLY good, some batches would be on the bitter side. Basic ingredients were strong brewed coffee, vanilla beans, raw sugar and a light ale yeast. I kept it at a less sweet side and once mixed, bottled it up in those heavy brown fliptop bottles. Only thing was when it sat longer in the bottle, opening them was like opening a bottle of champaign. Really thick foamy head. It was pretty cool.

mmm... I think I may need to make a batch. It's been years.

I was thinking about getting a soda stream machine and just carbonating strong coffee. REAL coffee soda is even a better idea.

Latest posts

Back