Moravian Malt search

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korndog

Reaction score
Kaiser and others
Is there a source for Moravian (style) malt anywhere that lists the specifications? Briess made a 130th anniversary blend in '06. I wonder if that stuff is available anywhere?

Thanks
KD

My bad. I didn't know there was a difference - I just remembered seeing the item on a search when I was shopping for pils malt the other day.

Keep in mind there is a difference between Malt grown in Moravia and Moravian Malt. As they are not the same. Bohemian Pilsner Malt is closely aligned with the style of Moravia malt, but isn't actually grown in Moravia.

It's kinda like a Philly cheese steak.;)

The Austin product is Weyermann's Pilsner Malt.

I was wondering if this stuff was still available, but I guess not.

To celebrate 130 years of malting tradition, Briess Malt & Ingredients Company offers the brewing industry our special Briess™ Anniversary Malt. Produced in the company's Chilton, Wisconsin, malthouse from 2-Row Moravian barley, Briess™ Anniversary Malt is a light-colored, mild flavored, low protein pilsener-style malt reminiscent of malts originally produced at the family's Czechoslovakian malthouse. Moravian is historically the preferred barley for lager beer, and Briess™ Anniversary Malt holds true to that tradition. It has a clean, delicately malty flavor with subtle sweetness. It produces smooth wort with low astringency. Low in protein, it is characterized by very plump kernels. Briess™ Anniversary Malt is suitable as the base malt for any beer style.

Back