National Homebrewer's Conference - HomeBrewTalk Giveaway - Open to All!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, I mowed the lawn (2 acres of it), got new tires for the car, took my brew buddy to the vet, worked in the garden and built a new gate for the fence, brewed what should turn into a nice centennial Rye IPA, played catch with my boy and made brownies with my daughter. Picnic today with the family and maybe grill a nice beef tenderloin later on for myself! Unfortunately I was unable to attend the conference, even though it was only a block away from my office... :eek:

Took the survey, lots of yard work this summer, now I need a recipe for strawberries in for my next brew this month.

Transplanting ultra hot peppers( Carolina Reapers, Bhut Jolokia ) today also smoking some spare ribs, not to mention drinking something good!

Having dinner with my first grade teacher who I've only seen one other time since 1971!

What super cool thing, you ask, I'm doing this weekend instead of the conference? Well, hell, super cool stuff like mowing the yard!

Survery filled out. Yard immaculate. ...Is it 5 o'clock yet?

Did the survey. Spent my time at kids baseball game, graduation party and kegging a homebrew. :mug:

I spent this weekend at the Schuyler County cardboard boat regatta. I watched alot of people try to make a boat fashioned from cardboard and duck tape not sink into 40 degree water.

I used my portable kegerator to provide a nice simcoe IPA and some EdWort's Apfelwein.

completed the survey. I am transferring a Belgian wheat to a secondary carboy and kegging a pale ale

Completed survey. Trying my pale ale for the first time on tap today!

Already filled out the survey. Today I'm going to go gather my recording studio gear to record a local country band that is putting together their first demo album. Tomorrow I'm bottling my Belgium IPA and getting with a friend who wants me to teach them how to brew. There is nothing quite like teaching the craft to someone else who wants to join in the fun. I'll be directing them to this site as part of the training. :mug:

Instead of going to the homebrew conference, which happens to be in my home state (and I've never been to Founder's), I am watching my wife go into pre-labor with my soon to be daughter. If I was going to miss it though, I can't think of a better reason.

I have been working on my pool all summer, as it was neglected so badly before we both the house that it needs a lot of TLC.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I had the pleasure of working all weekend :(
I'll also be dry hopping my GumballHead clone tonight

I am Brewing my beers on the The Cart using induction Heating and Stainless steel Kettle... My System is a result of not having a lot of space.. A combination of 1 litter Brown Bottles and 16 oz bottles.. So instead of Spreading out I am Going Small and seeing what can be done.... My First question is: If I was alone how would I do this... My next project I think comes from your forum the igloo kegging system as I acquired 3 3liter Kegs

Report back to this thread with what super cool thing you're doing instead of going to the conference:

Well one thing I did was fill out the survey :)
But honestly this weekend was time spent with my Daughter.

I guess I would be researching more projects for Homebrewing. That or work :(

I did the survey- first bottle of a batch of Irish red ready, and my wife bought me a Keg system for Fathers day!

First class of a BJCP judging course was at Defalco's in Houston was today at 4:00. Lots of great info. Hope to pass the test in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back