1st bottling done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BumbleBeeBeer

Reaction score
Hope it turns out well, but it may have to recover from my stupidty/noobishness for a few months LOL

I may have borked it :D

Oh well, I think it will be beer :rockin:

For sure. Second batch is an IPA (sort of a sweetwater 420 clone) and I have learned a lot about fermenting/secondary-ing from this one. Not gonna secondary this one for 3 weeks, then only to cold crash it and think it will turn out much better.

Gotta crawl before you can walk before you can run!

LOL... I am almost done fermenting my first batch now, and going to a secondary to cold crash tomorrow if the SG stays steady.. Then to bottle.

The sample direct from my fermentor was so good that I am now worried, either it won't taste as good coming out of the bottles OR that my next few batches will suffer from a sophomore slump.

LOL... I am almost done fermenting my first batch now, and going to a secondary to cold crash tomorrow if the SG stays steady.. Then to bottle.

The sample direct from my fermentor was so good that I am now worried, either it won't taste as good coming out of the bottles OR that my next few batches will suffer from a sophomore slump.

hahahaha, I'm sure it will be awesome:tank:

The problem with my first batch was that I followed the directions that came with the kit. Fermented a week then cold crashed it. No FG was taken, OG was like 24 I think (which was way lower than it was supposed to be, so I think I screwed up reading that, too).

We'll see. If it sucks I will keep letting it sit for 20 years if I have to, trying a bottle every once in a while LOL:p

Back