Beers in Destin FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenKnucklesBrewery

Reaction score
Hey gang.

The SWMBO are heading to Destin, FL for our honeymoon on Sunday. We're from Houston, TX, so i want to be able to buy or try beers not available to us here. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
:mug:

I like Lazy Magnolia from MS and Sweetwater from GA. Not sure if they distribute as far west as Texas.

I'd recommend you stop by Wine World when you're there. They've got one of the best craft beer selections in the area, so you should be able to find a good regional beer to your liking.

Congrats, by the way! :mug:

Cigar city and sweetwater are on the list. Abita is available in Houston but only in bottles. I'd like to make a stop in LA and have a pint though.

Stop at the Abita brewery and grab a growler. Have a bite to eat at the Abita brew pub as well. Once in Fla. you can visit McGuires Irish pub and brewery in Pensecola. They brew their own ales, porters and stouts. And the food is pretty darn good also.

I think you might be able to get Dogfish Head beers in Destin.

There is a McGuire's Irish Pub (same as in Pensacola). They brew their own beer and have a pretty good menu. The beer is nothing special, but the food has been good when ever I have gone there. http://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/DestinVT/destin_mcguires_vt/index.html

There is also a new brew pub in FT Walton Beach (five miles to the west, just across the bridge) I have never been there so I can't tell you anything about it, though

http://www.propsbrewery.com/

I second McGuire's. I had fun there on a business trip. Agreed that their brew wasn't special, but it was a nice place to have a good steak and a few drinks.

Probably not the beer most Floridians would name because it's not made in Florida but Bell's Brewery from Michigan distributes there. I would suggest the Two-Hearted Ale.

Also as mentioned Cigar City. I can't remember the name but their Scotch Ale is great.

Wine World is the place to stop and do your brew searching. Wednesday night they have Beer Tasting; 6-8pm. Friday night is their Wine sampling. Our brew club frequents the Wine World in Panama City. Now as for the "new Brewery" in Fort Walton; PROPS, its okay for a small brewery, nothing really stands out. Good luck on your venture, and CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage.

Back