Kegging 101

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zixxer10R

Reaction score
Kan (oops, i've got kegging on the brain, thought i'd leave it for comedy's sake) anyone point me in the right direction to learn what all i'd need to get started on a kegging set up?

For starters i'm just gonna put the corny and CO2 tank in the fridge and just open the door to pour myself a pint. So all i'm looking for here is advice in the way of what equipment i need to get started with...

Thanks for the help, and links to other posts are just as good as replies to this post.

Search the internet as you'll need a CO2 tank, regulator, two lengths of hose (1 CO2 supply & 1 beer line) and the associated fittings on both ends. I personally bought my equipment from a variety of different sources (best price, convenience etc...)

Some common vendeors besides your LHBS would be Kegworks.com or Kegcowboy.com.

Cheers

I bought my set-up from www.kegconnection.com and have been very happy with it. I think I picked up my starter kit with everything I needed for a single keg for under $120. (Pin lock keg and 20oz. paintball type CO2 canister. Ball lock and 5lb canister are more.)

Buy a used Co2 tank because most places trade tanks when refilling now. Atleast by me.

Back