Got a nice compliment today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
We had a tough week at work with massive layoffs last week. Everyone was depressed. I got to talking with some of my co-workers about hobbies and homebrewing came up. I decided to organize a little pizza lunch with about 8 other guys.

I stashed the brew in empty 2L soda bottles and got the local cafe to supply us with some pizza. I even booked a conference room ;) We had a great time - I brought three styles from AHS partial mash recipes: honey brown, coffee malt stout and apricot wheat.

One guy had done some homebrewing and asked if I used spraymalt or all-grain. So I explained about the partial mash and he replied, "So that's why these have so much flavor."

That's always nice to hear :)

-Joe

+1 for the argument yesterday in the thread on going into the brewing business: a tough economy may mean INCREASE in consumption. And everyone feels better!

Way to go!

Thanks guys. We really needed a little boost and it was nice to relax a little.

Although I know why drinking at work is discouraged :) We were useless for the rest of the day.

-Joe

Nice. It's always good to hear compliments. I get raves from friend and others in brew club. But, I want a real opinion so I am gonna enter my brews in competitions.

Perhaps you will determine that your friends and coworkers ARE the real opinions! :mug:

And maybe I am scared of judges trained to taste beer! :D

Back