Best kits!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Midwest has generally better kits, but I frequently use Morebeer because it's free shipping over $60. The kits aren't bad at all in my opinion, but often I make additions/modifications just to experiment. JUST REMEMBER that the Morebeer kits do not come with yeast. You need to add that to the order.

I haven't used any kits from MoreBeer so I cannot comment on them, but I have used kits from the other three and haven't been disappointed with any of them. The shipping is more reasonable from AHS than the others I think and their selection is bigger. The "Brewing on a Budget" kits from AHS are a pretty good deal I think.

I've done a half dozen Northern Brewer kits and two from AHS. I can't quite put my finger on it, but upon FG sampling both AHS kits, I was really taken back at how good they were at that point in the process compared to the others I've done. I think my next few kits are going to all be from AHS.

I've only done kits from AHS and I've been very pleased with the results.

I've focused on Belgians and Stouts. Done a dozen or so and never had one fail or not taste good.

I've done 2 from Midwest. Admittedly, they were very and inexpensive kits but I found them mediocre.

I have done 6 or 7 from AHS and loved them. These kits were more advanced and more expensive. I really like the instructions I get with the AHS kits; they're clear and easy to read.

I do not know if it's the specific kits I purchased or overall quality, but I prefer AHS so far. I do plan to try MoreBeer as I think the shipping will be faster and I'll give Midwest another whirl as well as trying my LHBS.

I like northernbrewer because I started with them and have always received great service. And 7.99 shipping is not bad on a good size order. I also like that their kits allow you to view the exact recipe before purchase which to my knowledge is not the case elsewhere. I've always been pleased.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Home Brew mobile app

I generally use AHS. I only live about an hour away, so I like to support them. They have great kits too.

I've had good luck with ritebrew. Smaller selection than the larger online shops but pretty cheap, especially if you are in the Speedee delivery service area.

I thought someone would mention that Austin is one of the few, if only, that ships its kits for free. This savings plus a budget kit can really be light on the wallet.

I haven't been making kits lately but the last kit was Austin's Anniversary Brown. It was the best tasting kit I had made and it was only 16-17 dollars total since I had my own yeast.

I only wish the posted they specifics of the recipes online like the way NB does. I research from the NB database but usually buy elsewhere.

I thought someone would mention that Austin is one of the few, if only, that ships its kits for free. This savings plus a budget kit can really be light on the wallet.

I haven't been making kits lately but the last kit was Austin's Anniversary Brown. It was the best tasting kit I had made and it was only 16-17 dollars total since I had my own yeast.

I only wish the posted they specifics of the recipes online like the way NB does. I research from the NB database but usually buy elsewhere.

I thought Austin had a 6.99 flat rate?

I stand corrected. I told you it's been a while since I got a kit. Oh well, it was a good deal while it lasted. They prided themselves on that too:(

Regardless I'm a northern brewer fan for life. Have always received superior service. In fact I just hit submit on another order for odds and ends. I looked online for a possible free shipping coupon code but no such luck. Oh well...

I've brewed my last 8 kits from Williams. I used them 20 yrs ago and since AL made brewing legal in May 13 I went with the familiar. I may branch out to Northern or Austin based on comments here.

Back